PDA

View Full Version : To all the Lovers who scold about high revs, thanks

Tl440
07-07-2012, 11:11 PM
For comparison purposes, I did a ride today that I've often done on sport touring rigs. It's about 200 miles, about half highway and half country roads and canyon carving. I was very pleased with the comparison.

Speed wise, if I had been riding with the usual posse, I might have been left behind. That said, I kept up with traffic when there was traffic. When there wasn't any traffic nobody ever caught up with me except for a couple of sport bike riders on suicide missions.

This route has some curves with 20 mph advisories and negative camber. It seemed to me that the Spyder took them more easily than my FJR or beemers did. It seems like a 3 wheeler should, and I think it did.

I'm still new at this -- about 1500 miles so far, so I appreciate very much the tips I have gleaned from this forum.

Thanks Spyderlovers.

Big Arm
07-07-2012, 11:31 PM
Enjoy thr ryde.....It just gets better.....

SpyderAnn01
07-07-2012, 11:49 PM
:welcome:

SethO
07-08-2012, 03:21 AM
what could you exit the 20mph posted at? roughly?

Bob Denman
07-08-2012, 06:33 AM
I'm glad to hear that you're digging it! :2thumbs:

NancysToy
07-08-2012, 09:58 AM
I thought I would miss my bikes in the twisty stuff, but the Spyder brings just as big a smile. It isn't the same, but neither is a sports car. They are all fun. I seldom ride my BMW anymore, I am perfectly satisfied with the Spyder. Enjoy the Ryde!

ThreeFeet
07-08-2012, 12:18 PM
what could you exit the 20mph posted at? roughly?Now Seth you know not EVERYBODY takes 10 and 20mph corners at 100mph!!!:yikes::joke::roflblack:

Tl440
07-08-2012, 04:15 PM
what could you exit the 20mph posted at? roughly?
Not sure, it seemed to come out pretty good and I hadn't taken the advice.

Bob Denman
07-09-2012, 06:57 AM
Actually, you don't want to know how fast you're taking a 20mph curve... If you know; you weren't looking where you should be! :shocked:
Sorry! The insurance guy popped out and said that... :opps:

dannymax
07-09-2012, 07:56 AM
The big AHA moment for me came when I read a post about handling (think it may have been Scotty's) which said to lean forward, over the grip on the inside of the corner....the sharper the corner, the more you lean.

That was the key for me....my RS will take the twisties faster than I can, fer sure!! :thumbup:

Camdenlake
07-09-2012, 10:07 AM
Welcome. I too had an FJR before the Spyder. I would also say feels like you can work the corners more aggressivley.

Josh

ARtraveler
07-09-2012, 11:16 AM
I like the comment that the :ani29: will take the twisties faster than the driver can.

SethO
07-09-2012, 05:09 PM
Not sure, it seemed to come out pretty good and I hadn't taken the advice.

just wondering, I tell people I ride with you "ride your own bike" I am not going to sit behind you and don't try to keep up with me.

just wondering what you were getting for exit speeds so if you change what you do because of advise on here it would be nice to use the first exit speed as a baseline.

Tl440
07-09-2012, 06:34 PM
The big AHA moment for me came when I read a post about handling (think it may have been Scotty's) which said to lean forward, over the grip on the inside of the corner....the sharper the corner, the more you lean.

That was the key for me....my RS will take the twisties faster than I can, fer sure!! :thumbup:
Right, on a 2 wheeler you hang off to keep the rubber on the road. On this guy it's to keep yourself on board