PDA

View Full Version : Neuropathy problems on left foot

nanaskids
07-07-2012, 10:40 AM
I am having some nerve problems in my left foot having to deal with neuropathy. Have installed foot pads, but the vibrations on that foot irritates the nerves and then my foot is on FIRE!!! Has anyone else had this problem and what did you do to fix it! We are planning on a trip to northern new mexico/southern colorado and don't want to have this problem and don't want to get a cortizone shot either. Am thinking about floor boards to give my whole foot support. . .

any ideas?

nanaskids
07-07-2012, 10:51 AM
I have a similar problem and to alleviate it by some degree I found that putting foam vibration insulation (available at Lowes, used on lawn mower handles) helped.\

Where and how did you put it on . . . on the peg or on a foot board?

nanaskids
07-07-2012, 10:55 AM
\

Where and how did you put it on . . . on the peg or on a foot board?

I have installed Kuryakyn ISO wing mini boards for hiway boards. Can it be installed on those. Because the arch of my foot rests on the mini board, I'm thinking if I had a full foot board, it might help.

tobor9
07-07-2012, 04:52 PM
I've had neuropathy in my feet for about 20yrs,the bottom of my feet our numb and the top burn so vibration is not a problem but I find taking "Alpha-Betic" vitamins help, they have alpha lipid acid and helps nerve damage. Most drugstores have them in their Diabetic section (best price @walmart)

IGETAROUND
07-07-2012, 08:44 PM
I am having some nerve problems in my left foot having to deal with neuropathy. Have installed foot pads, but the vibrations on that foot irritates the nerves and then my foot is on FIRE!!! Has anyone else had this problem and what did you do to fix it! We are planning on a trip to northern new mexico/southern colorado and don't want to have this problem and don't want to get a cortizone shot either. Am thinking about floor boards to give my whole foot support. . .

any ideas?
See your doctor; ask him if Lyrica might be the right drug for you to try.

Wear 2 layers of socks; use diabetic no seam socks, keep your diabetes if you have it under good control:chat::D