PDA

View Full Version : We need a Spyder Lube Express....lol

Kratos
07-05-2012, 03:23 PM
Time for my 600 mile service, and my dealer says it's gonna take a few days to do it. Called another dealer, and he said the same thing. I don't want to be without my baby for a week. Wish it was a drop it off, go hang out in town a few hours and come pick up kind of thing.....but I guess that doesn't exist anymore....:(

zrc
07-05-2012, 03:27 PM
I hear you, I was going to take my spyder in for the rear tire replacement, however, after today (and knowing it would take a quoted 2 to 3 weeks to get it back), I have decided to attack my spyder rear tire, bearings, and several other items that Randy (arntufun) has tackled. It means the next 3 to 4 days will be garage bound from after work until Im too tired to work anymore.

Crazy but true!

Play on players.

Buttsy
07-05-2012, 03:30 PM
Sadly it does exist maybe just not for you........called on a Tuesday booked mine for a Saturday morning visit. Drove in and waited about a couple of hours and voila 600 mile service done. Even after they installed at N/C some extra chrome goodies, paid for the goodies (15% discount) just not the install. Nice reception waiting area with cable TV and some awesome magazines for reading. Even let me out the back a few times to talk to the mechanic! It exists still, just some dealers "get it" better than others?

Kratos
07-05-2012, 03:37 PM
Sadly it does exist maybe just not for you........called on a Tuesday booked mine for a Saturday morning visit. Drove in and waited about a couple of hours and voila 600 mile service done. Even after they installed at N/C some extra chrome goodies, paid for the goodies (15% discount) just not the install. Nice reception waiting area with cable TV and some awesome magazines for reading. Even let me out the back a few times to talk to the mechanic! It exists still, just some dealers "get it" better than others?

I knew someone would say that. Why can't I get the super service dealers like other people...lol. Oh well, looks like I'm gonna ride on pass the 600 mile point...LOL

Arr MiHardies
07-05-2012, 03:39 PM
This time of year is busy for most dealers. But good dealers know to set aside time for each type of vehicle they service so no one get left out in the cold.

Oil changes don't take that long. You should be able to schedule an appointment. Take it in at the specified time and wait for it. That isn't that unreasonable of a request.

bcoulter19
07-05-2012, 04:00 PM
Took mine in a few weeks ago and got the 3,000 mile check up done and they also installed 4" adjustible risers and my corbin seat while they had it. It took about 4 hours for the whole thing. Of course this is the dealer that pellcitypete talked so bad about a couple of weeks ago. ;)

Kratos
07-05-2012, 04:01 PM
This time of year is busy for most dealers. But good dealers know to set aside time for each type of vehicle they service so no one get left out in the cold.

Oil changes don't take that long. You should be able to schedule an appointment. Take it in at the specified time and wait for it. That isn't that unreasonable of a request.

That's the way it should work, but the 2 dealers near me say that I would have to go in the back of the line of the waiting list which is a 2 week back up. You would think that they would have spots set aside for the oil changing crew. Why do I have to wait behind engine rebuilds....:banghead:

bcoulter19
07-05-2012, 04:03 PM
That's the way it should work, but the 2 dealers near me say that I would have to go in the back of the line of the waiting list which is a 2 week back up. You would think that they would have spots set aside for the oil changing crew. Why do I have to wait behind engine rebuilds....:banghead:

why can't they just give you an appointment in 2 weeks and you can bring it in and be done in a couple of hours.

ARtraveler
07-05-2012, 04:13 PM
A week for an oil change and two to three weeks for any kind of service borders on :cus: and :cus:.

Why do these dealers think they can keep the :ani29: hostage for all that time. What has happened to making an appointment, bringing it in that day, and picking up the :spyder2: later? To me, that is a no brainer.

Time to find a different dealer if possible. Time to give these people some free advertising.

Here is what happened to me today:

My 2010 RT was acting funny with shifting on Tuesday. I took it in today--no appointment. It turned out that I was down a quart and a half on oil--they replaced it and did the brake pedal pin fix at the same time. Charge--nothing. Time spent at dealer--about 20 minutes. Team CC in Eagle River, Alaska.

Kratos
07-05-2012, 04:14 PM
1. Since your new to this go and buy the oil change kit from your dealer.
2. Watch & Learn how to do your own oil change. "click:http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?40911-RS-GS-Spyder-Breakdown-Arntufun-Style-Updated-Version
3. Take it in for the inspections part of the "600" mile check up.

Before your next oil change you can slog through all the different oil threads and decide what you want to use.

Hmmm.....that sounds like a plan. :thumbup:

captblack
07-05-2012, 04:16 PM
Sure makes me feel lucky. Although my dealer is knee deep in taking care of jet skis, ATV's and 2 wheelers, I have always been able to go in and have service complete in 1 - 2 hours. I do trailer the bike in so it is cool and that saves some time. The only time it took longer than a couple of hours was for my 12K service - I left it overnight.

Knock on wood, I hope this never changes.

JJW SpyderRider
07-05-2012, 04:25 PM
1. Since your new to this go and buy the oil change kit from your dealer.
2. Watch & Learn how to do your own oil change. "click:http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?40911-RS-GS-Spyder-Breakdown-Arntufun-Style-Updated-Version
3. Take it in for the inspections part of the "600" mile check up.

Before your next oil change you can slog through all the different oil threads and decide what you want to use.

:agree: The oil change is one thing that is easy to do (a little harder on the RT) and can save you an hours service fee. Make sure the oil filter cover O-Rings are installed correctly or you will end up spraying oil all over your bike :gaah:. I do most of my own service work except what requires BUDs. I did not try changing the rear wheel which was done with the 12,000 mile service. I had new brake pads done at the same time. Keep good records!

tobor9
07-05-2012, 04:47 PM
My wife and I have two Spyders and have Never had the dealer take more then three hours to service! I normally schedule it,but sometimes in for something else and ask if they can do x mile service and have had them say sure and it's done,their not cheap,they charge about $400. for most service but they do great work! So if you are ever in the Ladson,SC area go to Velocity Powersports,they will take care of you!:thumbup:

arntufun
07-05-2012, 06:06 PM
Hmmm.....that sounds like a plan. :thumbup:

Thats cool to hear you are going to use my videos !!!!!! :thumbup:

Another poster already said it, but this is worth repeating........... KEEP ALL RECIEPTS FROM OIL AND FILTER PURCHASES AND EXCELLENT RECORDS OF ALL MAINTAINENCE DONE TO YOUR SPYDER !!!!!!!!!!!!

Bob Denman
07-05-2012, 06:10 PM
:agree: :2thumbs:
And a "Thank You" to Randy for providing the videos... :thumbup:

Dudley
07-05-2012, 06:23 PM
Don't get me started on that kind of dealership. Sorry, but that's just BS to the highest degree. If they are that backed up they are either technically incompetent or P-Poor schedulers. I would avoid them like a plague. And this "seasonal" work load is totally unacceptable. If they can't accommodate everyone equally they are not worth supporting.

Kratos
07-05-2012, 07:46 PM
Thats cool to hear you are going to use my videos !!!!!! :thumbup:

Another poster already said it, but this is worth repeating........... KEEP ALL RECIEPTS FROM OIL AND FILTER PURCHASES AND EXCELLENT RECORDS OF ALL MAINTAINENCE DONE TO YOUR SPYDER !!!!!!!!!!!!

:thumbup:

Kratos
07-06-2012, 01:11 PM
My dealer decided to give me express service today. I'm sitting here waiting on it to get done. Now I'm very happy, and they just kept a customer...:D:thumbup:

steve635
07-06-2012, 02:17 PM
Glad to hear it, was going to say my dealer has the same policy as yours, but will give an appointment if you ask the right person.

Bob Denman
07-06-2012, 02:26 PM
My dealer decided to give me express service today. I'm sitting here waiting on it to get done. Now I'm very happy, and they just kept a customer...:D:thumbup:
:2thumbs: :yes: :ohyea:
:ohyea::ohyea: :thumbup: Now go try and wear out all of that new oil!! :roflblack:

Kratos
07-06-2012, 07:22 PM
:2thumbs: :yes: :ohyea:
:ohyea::ohyea: :thumbup: Now go try and wear out all of that new oil!! :roflblack:

Just got back from a long ride. :yes: I tried to wear her out, but I think she showed me who has the most endurance. Ok Spydie, you win....:bowdown:

Glider3J
07-06-2012, 08:04 PM
I called two weeks in advance for my 600 mile check. They said two hours, $250.00 and I would be good to go. I got there this morning and left 4 1/2 hour later. The Spyder teck took this week off and they didn't call. They didn't do the BUDS check but only charged me $185.00. I have to go back next week for a free BUDS check. They were very apologetic so I will try them again. This is not my local dealership. I was combining a good long ride and hopefully good service.

Desert Spyder
07-06-2012, 08:21 PM
Sure makes me feel lucky. Although my dealer is knee deep in taking care of jet skis, ATV's and 2 wheelers, I have always been able to go in and have service complete in 1 - 2 hours. I do trailer the bike in so it is cool and that saves some time. The only time it took longer than a couple of hours was for my 12K service - I left it overnight.

Knock on wood, I hope this never changes.

You had a 12k service done in only one day? Must have been working all night too.

Cavman
07-06-2012, 08:55 PM
I have my 6000 mile service due. So, I changed my oil and filters today. This time it only took me 2.5 hours to complete the task and that included removing the tupperware and re-installing them.
So, I will be calling the dealer to set up an appointment for the service next week.
I would have done the oil change this past week but it was so :cus: hot, I didn't want to deal with it.