PDA

View Full Version : New Spyder Ryder

Webspinner
07-04-2012, 01:17 PM
Hello, I'm a new Spyder owner and I bought a barely used 2010 RS SM5 two weeks ago and just installed 4" risers and will be installing ISO grips with a throttle boss once they arrive. the first owner installed Elka shocks. I had a Harley for 10+ years and loved it but after knowing several people who were in bad wrecks due to other drivers I decided to make a change to three wheels. With so many distracted drivers I thought the Spyder would reduce some of the risk and I wouldn't have to give up riding.

So far it is VERY different from 2 wheels, I think the thing that surprised me most was the power steering and how responsive it is. I'm still getting used to it and have been riding around the neighborhood to get acclimated, once I'm on it though I find I don't want to stop, it's a lot of fun! One thing I've noticed is that people in their yards stop what they're doing and wave, that never happened on my Harley, only other bikers waved. I can't wait till I'm comfortable enough to get up to speed and get in some nice rides!

AnthonyG
07-04-2012, 01:24 PM
Sounds like you are having a blast. I am new to the spyder community too. I hope to pick mine up next week. Going to put a deposit on it tomorrow so they can hold it for me. I found a nice 2011 RS sm5 with some mods for a lot less than i wanted to spend so i cant pass on the deal. Good to hear you are loving your spyder.

samewok
07-04-2012, 01:27 PM
:congrats::yes:

murphybrown
07-04-2012, 01:27 PM
:clap::thumbup::spyder2: glad you found your Spyder and Spyderlovers. The :yes: has just begun....

ARtraveler
07-04-2012, 01:49 PM
:welcome: and :congrats:on the new ryde.

d.o.spyder-rts
07-04-2012, 02:15 PM
:congrats:and:welcome:let the fun begin. Dale

fastfraser
07-04-2012, 02:20 PM
:welcome::congrats:on the new to you :spyder2:

Floyd Baughman
07-04-2012, 02:34 PM
Check out our web site of OhioSpyderryders.org We have rides and one coming up called the Cow Patty ride. It will start in Jackson Ohio at the Spyder dealership there on Rt 35.There are people coming in from Clevland, Findley, Columbus, Lancaster, you are welcome to join in the fun of spydering the country side.
I live in Baltimore Ohio and will be there,2010 Blue RT SM5

Hello, I'm a new Spyder owner and I bought a barely used 2010 RS SM5 two weeks ago and just installed 4" risers and will be installing ISO grips with a throttle boss once they arrive. the first owner installed Elka shocks. I had a Harley for 10+ years and loved it but after knowing several people who were in bad wrecks due to other drivers I decided to make a change to three wheels. With so many distracted drivers I thought the Spyder would reduce some of the risk and I wouldn't have to give up riding.

So far it is VERY different from 2 wheels, I think the thing that surprised me most was the power steering and how responsive it is. I'm still getting used to it and have been riding around the neighborhood to get acclimated, once I'm on it though I find I don't want to stop, it's a lot of fun! One thing I've noticed is that people in their yards stop what they're doing and wave, that never happened on my Harley, only other bikers waved. I can't wait till I'm comfortable enough to get up to speed and get in some nice rides!

Webspinner
07-04-2012, 02:37 PM
Thanks everyone, this forum has a lot of good info and I'm enjoying reading about everyone's experiences.

Tracker19, awesome that you found a good deal. Let us know once you get it. Are you going to do any mods?

Floyd, I'll check out that website. I'm in central Ohio and hope to meet some other Spyder riders this summer. Thanks!

acinpcola
07-04-2012, 02:46 PM
:congrats: to you both and :welcome:

Have Fun and Be Safe on the Rydes you have.

AC:spyder2:

AnthonyG
07-04-2012, 02:46 PM
Thanks everyone, this forum has a lot of good info and I'm enjoying reading about everyone's experiences.

Tracker19, awesome that you found a good deal. Let us know once you get it. Are you going to do any mods?

Floyd, I'll check out that website. I'm in central Ohio and hope to meet some other Spyder riders this summer. Thanks!

The only thing i am going to do is install a battery tender and a sport windshield seeing that the previous owner has a touring windshield on it.

Tru-Blue
07-04-2012, 03:03 PM
:congrats: :welcome:

harrypottar
07-04-2012, 03:24 PM
:congrats::welcome:

harry

SpyderAnn01
07-04-2012, 03:56 PM
:welcome:

GloryRyders
07-05-2012, 06:16 AM
:welcome: and :congrats: on your :spyder:......Ryde Safe.