PDA

View Full Version : Digital clock

Chick
07-04-2012, 12:36 PM
Has anyone replaced the temp guage with a digital clock? If so, how did you wire so clock does not stop when key is turned off? Thanks!

scooterexpress
07-04-2012, 01:54 PM
was going to say wire to the battery direct,but then remembered theres a clock on your cluster why do you need 2 clocks i'd go with something more useful oil temp or oil pressure or coolant temp etc....

Jeriatric
07-04-2012, 02:00 PM
was going to say wire to the battery direct,but then remembered theres a clock on your cluster why do you need 2 clocks i'd go with something more useful oil temp or oil pressure or coolant temp etc....

Like myself, he probably can't see the little numbers nojoke

Chick
07-04-2012, 03:10 PM

:sour: That be the #1 reason!!!

scooterexpress
07-04-2012, 03:55 PM

get a pair of glasses jer:roflblack:..looks like a rt hes on not a rs.

Jeriatric
07-04-2012, 04:04 PM
get a pair of glasses jer:roflblack:..looks like a rt hes on not a rs.

:roflblack: :thumbup:

Actually I've heard we can add - via some sort of film - our prescription to the face shield. Tho, haven't researched it yet. Cause if I squint and catch the light just right - wham - i get a quick glance :roflblack:

eddieshep999
07-04-2012, 04:09 PM
I removed my Fuel and Temp gauge from my Spyder RT-S SE5 2010 Model due to the bouncing Fuel gauge issue, I perfer them in the cluster display anyway

I replaced my Fuel gauge with a Voltmeter and the Temp gauge with a Digital Clock as it easier to read than the one in the Cluster display

My Digital Clock gauge had 4 Wires :-

1 - Yellow connected to Battery +
2 - Red to 12V+ Igniition Switch Supply
3 - Black connected to Engine Ground (-)
4 - Orange Not connected this goes to Headlamps acts as a Display dimmer operation when Headlights are on
Because the Spyder Headlights are always on when the Engine is running the display would always be dim

When the Ign is off the Digital clock is not displayed but is still has power to keep the time updated, Once the Ign is on the Digital time is displayed
It shuts down the same time as the Cluster display etc

I have included a photos if this helps

Eddie Sheppard
Reading UK

Chick
07-04-2012, 05:51 PM
I removed my Fuel and Temp gauge from my Spyder RT-S SE5 2010 Model due to the bouncing Fuel gauge issue, I perfer them in the cluster display anyway

I replaced my Fuel gauge with a Voltmeter and the Temp gauge with a Digital Clock as it easier to read than the one in the Cluster display

My Digital Clock gauge had 4 Wires :-

1 - Yellow connected to Battery +
2 - Red to 12V+ Igniition Switch Supply
3 - Black connected to Engine Ground (-)
4 - Orange Not connected this goes to Headlamps acts as a Display dimmer operation when Headlights are on
Because the Spyder Headlights are always on when the Engine is running the display would always be dim

When the Ign is off the Digital clock is not displayed but is still has power to keep the time updated, Once the Ign is on the Digital time is displayed
It shuts down the same time as the Cluster display etc

I have included a photos if this helps

Eddie Sheppard
Reading UK
:bowdown: Thanks!