PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P ANDY GRIFFITH

bruisersbaby
07-03-2012, 08:44 PM
I'm sure all of you know that Andy Griffith, that wonderful and funny Sheriff Andy Taylor of Mayberry, died today at the age of 86. He was a music teacher at Goldsboro High School, here in Wayne County, before starting his most successful career. I was raised in a town similar to the fictional town of Mayberry, three streets in all, everyone knew everyone and was probably related in some way. Didn't have our own sheriff, but we all watched out for one another. We will miss him, but know that he is at rest and in the arms of his Lord.

Ltownblue
07-04-2012, 08:21 AM
Amen. Gonna miss Andy.

WingmanRT
07-04-2012, 10:18 AM
Amen. Gonna miss Andy.
Anyone ever see "No Time for Sergeants"? (1958). Andy and Don Knotts BEFORE Mayberry in a army-buddy movie. You can see him really corn-pone it up HARD. He is channeling Gomer Pyle BEFORE Gomer Pyle!

bruisersbaby
07-08-2012, 07:57 PM
Anyone ever see "No Time for Sergeants"? (1958). Andy and Don Knotts BEFORE Mayberry in a army-buddy movie. You can see him really corn-pone it up HARD. He is channeling Gomer Pyle BEFORE Gomer Pyle!

Loved the best part with the toilet seats!! :yes:

Oldmanzues
07-08-2012, 08:15 PM
He was great in all his stuff. As a ex cop, Barney and his one bulet always a fun thing. The tiolet scene was just outstanding
R. I. P. You have earned your place in heaven for the excellent entertinment you have given us.
Oldmanzues