PDA

View Full Version : question about the States Visited Map

DocRags
07-03-2012, 11:08 AM
This is a question I haven't seen posted on here bfore...can I add a state to the Staes Visited Map if the Spyder is in our toyhauler and I sit on it while Erags is driving? (I could get more states than him that way)! Or does the engine need to be ON to count?:roflblack::roflblack:

flamingobabe
07-03-2012, 11:30 AM
that's up to you...how you count your states.....I have been to 40 states on my Spyder...a couple of them...I just hit the corner...to say I'd been there.....

ARtraveler
07-03-2012, 11:32 AM
I don't think anyone has posted any specific rules and regulations. Post what you feel fairly represents your travels. I have a problem with "dipping". Put your foot in a state and say you have traveled the state--without going any further than the border line. I also don't think that "fly overs" should count.

thehawk
07-03-2012, 11:35 AM
I spend a lot of time in the state of 'confused.' But couldn't find it on the map.:roflblack:

thehawk

Littlebadwolf
07-03-2012, 11:35 AM
That would be cheating....:ohyea:

texasride
07-03-2012, 11:36 AM
My question is how do we get Hawaii does a seedoo count lol

FANG
07-03-2012, 12:18 PM
Good one Cheryl -- Hope you and Ed are doing okay -- call me if I can help in any way!!

Luckyme
07-03-2012, 12:22 PM
Oops. Mine is obviously not just the Spyder, but other motorcycles as well. Am I not complying properly?
For the Spyder only, I would not have too many....yet.

Firefly
07-03-2012, 12:28 PM
You mean like this guy???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBW0GVtqwqM

SpyderAnn01
07-03-2012, 12:37 PM
Cheryl, it only counts for you if you are wearing your helmet and riding gear. :lecturef_smilie:

spyder3
07-03-2012, 02:24 PM
Cheryl, it only counts for you if you are wearing your helmet and riding gear. :lecturef_smilie:

and engine running! Stopping for gas etc..:dontknow:

flamingobabe
07-03-2012, 02:34 PM
I don't think anyone has posted any specific rules and regulations. Post what you feel fairly represents your travels. I have a problem with "dipping". Put your foot in a state and say you have traveled the state--without going any further than the border line. I also don't think that "fly overs" should count.

I did a little more than dip into the states...probably an hour in each....But I have been to all of them...48 states... behind my husband...aka hotglue a few times...I'm just making them all...48 states...on my Spyder....will get the last 8 this summer

Bob Denman
07-03-2012, 02:34 PM
I spend a lot of time in the state of 'confused.' But couldn't find it on the map.:roflblack:

Me too! :shocked: :opps:

joet82
07-03-2012, 07:23 PM
On my map, I have only included states I've been riding the Spyder on, still need to update for Oregon. I would only count "dips" if there was a destination involved (restaurant/hotel/landmark), or it was part of your planned route (hitting the corner). and as for travelling by other means, I don't caount flyovers, but I do count layovers.

DocRags
07-03-2012, 07:35 PM
Cheryl, it only counts for you if you are wearing your helmet and riding gear. :lecturef_smilie: I figured I could leave the helmet off and have it count if the particular state we were "riding" in had no helmet law!:2thumbs:
I also figured Erags "busted" me (as in seeing my post) when he asked if I was going into the garage when we crossed over the OK/Arkansas state line!:cus:

SpyderAnn01
07-03-2012, 07:37 PM
I figured I could leave the helmet off and have it count if the particular state we were "riding" in had no helmet law!:2thumbs:
I also figured Erags "busted" me (as in seeing my post) when he asked if I was going into the garage when we crossed over the OK/Arkansas state line!:cus:

:roflblack:

DocRags
07-03-2012, 08:46 PM

Precisely like that guy, Firefly :2thumbs:...of course, to get the wind in my face like that--with our Spyder being inside our motorhome--I'd have to have Erags turn the fan on while we were going down the highway. Now I just need to find my Springsteen CD and I can shoot my own video!:ohyea:

Blue Star
07-03-2012, 10:00 PM

That video reminded me of an old friend that was born blind. When he was growing up his friends would let him drive their go card down the street. They would run along side of him telling him to turn right/left. Every once in a while they would make him drive the go cart into a bush.