PDA

View Full Version : Get Together

ladydee
07-03-2012, 09:28 AM
Can anyone tell me if there any get together for the spyderlovers in Georgia? Event, ride:yes:

Thanks
Ladydee
Junior Rider

Cavman
07-07-2012, 09:01 AM
See next post, "July meeting...".

It seems that we can't get our act together here in GA. Maybe it's the heat? :( I know it's a problem with me and the heat. I'm not wearing shorts while riding and I'm waiting for my cooling vest get here next week. :yes:

We are all over the state and no one is in charge, it seems? :dontknow:
The NW Metro Atl Cachers, Atlanta Area Geocachers and the GA Geocachers Association have monthly meetings. The first two meet at a different eating establishment every month during the work week and the GGA meets on the second Saturday, around the State somewhere. NMAC dinner 6:30 at Provino's off Barrett Parkway next Thursday evening, July 12. There will be one Spyder there and you can 'discover' :thumbup: my Spyder if you are a Geocacher. You are welcome to join us and a Spyder invasion would be a neat thing. :yes:
I will log on to the event and post that we may have some Spyder guests attending the meeting just in case some of you decide to come? :clap:

Cavman
07-07-2012, 09:15 AM
There looks to be 60 attending this event, adults and kids. If you have a GPS, bring it for an accuracy test game at the meeting.

sewnonnie
07-19-2012, 04:26 PM
Our group started in September last year and we voted to meet quarterly. We actually had a meeting in SEptember, October, and January (or was if February?). Spyder Fest was in April and we had a group ride there. We were never able to get a meeting scheduled for May or June, and July is now more than 1/2 over. I believe out next meeting will be August or September and my vote is either an early meeting or somewhere in the mountains as I do not like the heat.

My husband, Keith (Yol Bolsun on this site), is the "head honcho" (no one else volunteered), but our schedules outside of Spyder Riders have prevented us from setting up the next summer meeting. As far as scheduled rides, we (Keith and I) are planning on the Walton EMC Breast Cancer Ride in September as well as Lamonster's barbeque in September.

I guess I will look at our schedule in August and set a date for the next meeting. We will post in the GA section.

TuckMiddle
07-19-2012, 07:57 PM
Our group started in September last year and we voted to meet quarterly. We actually had a meeting in SEptember, October, and January 9or was if February?). Spyder Fest was in April and we had a group ride there. We were never able to get a meeting scheduled for May or June, and July is now more than 1/2 over. I believe out next meeting will be August or September and my vote is either an early meeting or somewhere in the mountains as I do not like the heat.

My husband, Keith (Yol Bolsun on this site), is the "head honcho" (no one else volunteered), but our schedules outside of Spyder Riders has prevented us from setting up the next summer meeting. As far as scheduled rides, we (Keith and I) are planning on the Walton EMC Breast Cancer Ride in September as well as Lamonster's barbeque in September.

I guess I will look at our schedule in August and set a date for the next meeting. We will post in the GA section.

That would be great. Please don't think anyone is being critical, except that no one responded to your suggestion that one of us just do it and go from there. That's not exactly right, MikeinGA said he'd be glad to work on something, but mo responses that I recall. Maybe it's the heat or all the daylight!! Freedom is available anytime, but I think folks would like to do it in a more central area. I sure votge with many of y'all that Mountain Sports has a great place in Conyers - did a ride over there one morning last month just to look around.

I have no idea of the population centers for Spyders in GA, but I agree wholeheartedly with trying different locations.

Thanks to you and Keith for all you've done for the GA Spyder Riders.:firstplace:

Tuck