PDA

View Full Version : BRP customer satisfaction

Questions
07-02-2012, 05:44 PM
Having made the 1400 mile trip to Durango specifically to talk with the factory mechanics, I got no help and they had no equipment to align the front end, which anybody can plainly SEE is not straight. After talking with the customer representive this is the response i recieved a week after the event. BTW, I had volunteered to pay (again) to have my front end aligned by the local dealer if they would just send their tech to the shop to ensure it was done correctly. The local shop forman said they had recieved three different directions for aligning the front end and some people still have problems.

Mr. Bowen,

It was a pleasure meeting with you at the Spyder Owners' Event in Durango the other week.

With regards to your question on tire alignment, there is a procedure to follow in the Shop Manual that a dealership can follow. This would require our special alignment tool to do the job.

With regards to tire wear, once again there is information in the Shop Manual about when tire rotation should be done (usually around 3000 miles) and tires will normally need to be changed around 6000 miles or so.

It is not an exact science and multiple factors come into play: psi in tires, rotation, rider aggressiveness, road conditions, etc.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me.

BLUEKNIGHT911
07-02-2012, 06:15 PM
YADA,YADA,YADA, BLAH,BLAH,BLAH.....But they won't put shims in to correct the CAMBER problem like the rest of the automotive world does.....Got to ask yourself WHY..????????.....JMHO.....Mike......:agree:...... :thumbup:

retread
07-02-2012, 07:44 PM
Try Flatout in Martinsville, I know it's quite a way from you, but they'll do it right.

john

spydee owner
07-02-2012, 08:15 PM
Having made the 1400 mile trip to Durango specifically to talk with the factory mechanics, I got no help and they had no equipment to align the front end, which anybody can plainly SEE is not straight. After talking with the customer representive this is the response i recieved a week after the event. BTW, I had volunteered to pay (again) to have my front end aligned by the local dealer if they would just send their tech to the shop to ensure it was done correctly. The local shop forman said they had recieved three different directions for aligning the front end and some people still have problems.

Mr. Bowen,

It was a pleasure meeting with you at the Spyder Owners' Event in Durango the other week.

With regards to your question on tire alignment, there is a procedure to follow in the Shop Manual that a dealership can follow. This would require our special alignment tool to do the job.

With regards to tire wear, once again there is information in the Shop Manual about when tire rotation should be done (usually around 3000 miles) and tires will normally need to be changed around 6000 miles or so.

It is not an exact science and multiple factors come into play: psi in tires, rotation, rider aggressiveness, road conditions, etc.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me.

Rotate tires at 3000 and replace at 6000??? I own two '08 GS Spyders. One got new front tires at 60000km (37000 miles) and the other has 52000 km with the original fronts! This guy is feeding you a line of BS.

docdoru
07-02-2012, 08:52 PM
Running the third set of front tires, replaced every 60K miles. :doorag:

AbNormy
07-02-2012, 08:56 PM
Running the third set of front tires, replaced every 60K miles. :doorag:

so you have 180 k on yours?

docdoru
07-02-2012, 09:04 PM
so you have 180 k on yours?
138K.