PDA

View Full Version : I need some assurance from someone who is in the know!

sidetrack
07-02-2012, 03:05 PM
I have read many posts out here and have came to the conclusion that there are some real sharp cookies that can provide some input. It will be over 2 weeks ago that I trailered my baby to Cowtown due to the fact that I was getting 1614 code (throttlebody) and the radio was drawing the battery down. My problem is that I was not having any problem until I took it down for the throttle body software recall. On my return home I washed her and put her to bed. A few days later I went out for a ride and nothing....the battery was dead. Put the charger on and a little later took her out. It did throw a code and I don't remember what it was 'cause I wrote it off due to trying to start it on a low battery. I made an appointment with Cowtown for the radio and went on for a few days. The day before the appointment, I went out for a short run and she threw the throttle body code. I called Cowtown, they said to trailer her down and leave it. NOW all I am getting from them is that parts are on order and they don't know when they will come in. I DON'T THINK IT IS A HARDWARE PROBLEM. I believe that the software update is the root of this crap but can't get anyone to listen. Guys I am an old telephone man, I have seen software updates take out complete systems. I guess the question is has anyone else been here? :banghead::banghead::banghead::(

Arr MiHardies
07-02-2012, 04:03 PM
A 1614 code is most definitely your throttle body. Recent software updates did make changes that try to prevent problems BRP was seeing with the throttle bodies. That said, it doesn't mean that the damage wasn't already done to your system before the update, and it had only just gotten bad enough to throw a code.

However, you took it to Cowtown. Widely regarded as one of (if not the) best dealers in the country. they will get you taken care of, and you can be sure it will be done correctly.

NancysToy
07-02-2012, 04:39 PM
The throttle body update service bulletin dictates that if a throttle body code is exhibited, the throttle body needs to be replaced. If the throttle positioner has not completely failed yet, failure is likely imminent. You don't want to be stranded by this problem escalating. Most people experience the failure code before the update, but some have had multiple failures...and codes after updates. This is not something Cowtown caused. Be patient and let them take care of it properly. They are among the best in the business!

Bob Denman
07-02-2012, 05:24 PM
:agree: Good Luck and plese keep us informed as to the progress! :thumbup:

Farmboy
07-03-2012, 05:37 AM
I have been haveing throttle body prob. my self. she it on a trailer and about to go to Cowtown in a day or so. I have dealt with Len over the phone in the past and about to meet him for the first time. I put all my trust in him and the techs. at Cowtown. I was having the prob. be for the up date and after.
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?40859-She-laid-down-on-me

pellcitypete
07-04-2012, 02:38 PM
I have had more problems than you can shake a stick at had the T/B changed 3 times already. my dealer wasn't the best at knowing what to do but they worked with BRP and finaly got mine fixed(at least for now). I think a lot of T/Bs have went out because of all the heat we have had. from what I've read on here you got it to one of the best dealers. hang in there you will be back on the road soon. heep us up to date on your progress Pete