PDA

View Full Version : SUGGESSTIONS ON THINGS TO SEE AND RODES TO RIDE

sidelmad
06-30-2012, 09:31 PM
HEY ALL
we will be riding from Rockwall,Texas to Gretna, Virgina on July 6th and staying in Gretna for 11 days, would welcome any suggestion on roads, sites, places to eat, will will be at training doing the weekdays of this work related ride but the weekends are ours, I have to take wife to see the ocean one day i'm thinking virgina beach, but if there is a better beach please tell me, she will be on her yellow RS i'm on a black Victory Vision, if we could meet up with any spyder ryders that would be great, the only thing i have set is to leave friday night on the 6th and making it close to Nashville, and seeing the Grand Ole Opry saturday, have to be in Gretna on Monday, can't wait to hit the road:yes::yes:, well i have to get back to work thanks

joet82
06-30-2012, 11:04 PM
I went ahead and just googled "motorcycle roads between Texas and Virginia" and many websites came up, but this one seems interesting.

OpenRoadJourney.com

you're able to search previous rides by those who have posted by state and by length of ride. pretty neat, imo.

have a safe trip, hope this helped.

as for riding groups/people in the area, Spyder Ryder of America has a chapter over there, though, I'm not exactly sure who to contact. you can contact WishAgain on here, aka Ken, our national director/founder and maybe he can help you out with a contact number for them.

joe schmoe
07-01-2012, 03:39 PM
HEY ALL
we will be riding from Rockwall,Texas to Gretna, Virgina on July 6th and staying in Gretna for 11 days, would welcome any suggestion on roads, sites, places to eat, will will be at training doing the weekdays of this work related ride but the weekends are ours, I have to take wife to see the ocean one day i'm thinking virgina beach, but if there is a better beach please tell me, she will be on her yellow RS i'm on a black Victory Vision, if we could meet up with any spyder ryders that would be great, the only thing i have set is to leave friday night on the 6th and making it close to Nashville, and seeing the Grand Ole Opry saturday, have to be in Gretna on Monday, can't wait to hit the road:yes::yes:, well i have to get back to work thanks

If, your in Nashville, you are only 3 to 4 hours away from some of the GREATEST roads in America!!!

Here's the short list:

The Dragon

Cherohala Skyway

Blue Ridge Parkway

The Snake (US 421)

Moonshiners Run US 28

The Rattler (NC 209)

and then there are those roads without names...Hwy 360, Hwy 39, Hwy 72, Hwy 66, there ar eons of roads to ride....Especially for a Vision!!! If you make it over here to East TN...Give me a shout and I'll show you some fun roads for that Vision of yours!! If you can keep up with mine that is!!! :cheers:

mhoecker
07-01-2012, 09:56 PM
You are so close to Smith Mountain Lake that you might consider riding to one of its shores. Check Google maps for Rt 40 to Pittsville Road. Looks like it could be a nice ride to Smith Mountain Lake State Park. Might consider checking out the Smith Mountain Lake dam and Leesville Lake. Lots of backroads to travel. The Blue Ridge Parkway is to your west, although getting to it will take some time.

Hope you find something interesting. Let us know what you discover.

Madonna

sidelmad
07-05-2012, 11:47 PM
If, your in Nashville, you are only 3 to 4 hours away from some of the GREATEST roads in America!!!

Here's the short list:

The Dragon

Cherohala Skyway

Blue Ridge Parkway

The Snake (US 421)

Moonshiners Run US 28

The Rattler (NC 209)

and then there are those roads without names...Hwy 360, Hwy 39, Hwy 72, Hwy 66, there ar eons of roads to ride....Especially for a Vision!!! If you make it over here to East TN...Give me a shout and I'll show you some fun roads for that Vision of yours!! If you can keep up with mine that is!!! :cheers:

we will be going 40 till 81 north. were in east Tenn. are you? if time and wheather allows we would like to meet up.my # is 214 662 0996 plan is to leave out friday night stop in Nashville for the day then head east saturday night or sunday morning to bristol

SpyderAnn01
07-06-2012, 12:18 AM
Check out this thread http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?41515-The-Great-Trek-3&highlight=tompkins Ken just started out on a trip around the country and in his report today he talks about a fantastic road in VA that rivals the Tail of the Dragon.

joe schmoe
07-06-2012, 06:02 AM
we will be going 40 till 81 north. were in east Tenn. are you? if time and wheather allows we would like to meet up.my # is 214 662 0996 plan is to leave out Friday night stop in Nashville for the day then head east saturday night or sunday morning to bristol
Ah man...We are heading down to Chattanooga tonight (Friday) and will be there until Saturday evening...We are going down to watch http://nightfallchattanooga.com/ Friday night and then sight see Saturday...Wish we could meet up and ride...Maybe next time!!!

If your going to Bristol, go ride the Snake (US 421) it is a good ride and relatively close to the interstate might add 6 hours (round trip) to your ride!!

cjackg
07-06-2012, 07:18 AM
Ah man...We are heading down to Chattanooga tonight (Friday) and will be there until Saturday evening...We are going down to watch http://nightfallchattanooga.com/ Friday night and then sight see Saturday...

If you have a chance to stay until Sunday, the downtown Chattanooga Market starting at 11am is a nice event. http://chattanoogamarket.com/ (http://chattanoogamarket.com/)

You might even meet up with some other spyders there, we'll be there!