PDA

View Full Version : July meeting or at least a couple rides

TuckMiddle
06-30-2012, 03:11 PM
Howdy.

A bunch of you have been all over the map, which is the name of the game. But, we never got to have a meeting or a ride in May or June. In 8 hours it'll be July.

Anyone have any suggestions for a get together of some sort? If the heat keep up, maybe we can do a midnight to 10 AM ride so we're somewhat cooled off.

And, there's a gent by the name of "corvettencrs" from FL and he and wife will be on there Spyder and in the Helen/Clarksville area for 10 days in July and would like to meet and ride with whom ever is available. He posted in the General Forum. Be nice if some of us could get together with him for a ride or two.

Rode this morning from 6:30 untill noon to beat the heat. Had a great time.

Ideas on the above?

Tuck

Cavman
06-30-2012, 03:54 PM
I'm game for a ride when it's in the cooler part of the day or in the evening. Meeting up with the FL folks seems like a plan. We could show them some of that Southern Hospitality?
Their post said they will be there around July 12th for a week and a half. That's a good size window to meet with them.
Maybe we could work in a meeting in the area at that time? A State Park? Eating establishment in Helen? Other ideas?

I did a ride over in Pelham to Montgomery, AL this past month to visit the ISCI plant. Then we rode to the Courtyard 25 for dinner. The GA group was invited. It was wet weather, but so what? Because of that, there were a few that headed home and didn't do any of the ride. They missed a good time.

Just a heads up for the GA group. There is an event being planned for late September called Venom in Vandiver. So, I'm letting y'all know the GA Spyder owners are invited to the three day event. tvc.sra.com/venom
They are working on the website and only have the host hotels listed.
Lamont has been invited and from what I was told, BRP is aware of the event. I'll be there for sure!

EzeSpyderGA
06-30-2012, 04:42 PM
Greeting from Crandall, Ga Would be interested in linking up for some riding also. Just need notice the day before the ride. Can ride 7 days/week.

TuckMiddle
07-01-2012, 04:49 AM
Greeting from Crandall, Ga Would be interested in linking up for some riding also. Just need notice the day before the ride. Can ride 7 days/week.

I'd love to ride something up there besides Fort MT. Not that it's a bad ride, but one of my friends thinks Waleska to Chattsworth, Fort MT, Ellijay and back to Waleska is the only way to ride a motorcycle. I keep looking at all those hills and there's gotta be some great hard surface roads in there somewhere.

With one or more days notice, I'll bet we can work something out. Anyone else want to ride that part of GA east of Dalton and north of Chattsworth and up 411 and into TN also?

Tuck