PDA

View Full Version : This is turning into a real bummer of a trip...

DocRags
06-29-2012, 11:41 PM
By the time we arrived in Wyoming on Tuesday night, we had lost our license plate in Oklahoma (well, we had to tell the Amarillo police it was Texas so we could get a police report from them), ruptured our coolant tank in Amarillo (well, actually 30 miles from our campsite in Palo Duro Canyon), spent the week in Albuquerque with our :spyder2: in the shop waiting for parts (rented a car for a few days so we could say we saw the area; had a great ride with ABQ_Spyderman when we finally got our :spyder2: back), got waylaid by the Weber fire when we drove to Mesa Verde park from Durango, and got chased out of Colorado by the Waldo Canyon fire. Erags (Ed) just didn't seem to have his usual energy level when we arrived in Wyoming and was having intermittent abdominal pain. I finally got him to see a doctor today. We spent all day getting tests done, IV fluids given for dehydration, etc...his blood counts are low and he has an abdominal mass. Bottom line: he's now dozing in a hospital bed in Cheyenne...our :spyder2: is in the hospital parking garage and the toyhauler is sitting at Warren AFB campground. I don't have a motorcycle endorsement yet and I've only driven the toyhauler about 10 yards in a straight line so I honestly could say I drove it first! :ohyea: I sure as :cus: can't drive either of our modes of transportation back to Florida. I may buy a bicycle tomorrow since we left ours at home this summer...it's about 3 miles from here to the base (Note to self: NOT a good idea to leave bikes in Florida when we travel...it would be alternative transportation for when the :spyder2: is in the shop unexpectedly or my chauffeur is waylaid. We had a great time in Durango but Spyders in the Redwoods is really looking iffy for us. If we can make it back to Missouri I could drive us home in Ed's dad's car...send some extra prayers our way that we get some answers quickly and get back on the road. I'm not gonna say "what else can go wrong," because that will guarantee something will...

d.o.spyder-rts
06-29-2012, 11:49 PM
Sorry to hear about all of the troubles you're having on your trip. Hope the rest of your trip is uneventful, have a safe trip home and keep us updated. Prayers coming your way from Panama City. Dale

ARtraveler
06-30-2012, 12:54 AM
Please keep us posted. Sorry to hear of all the problems. :pray: and thoughts go with you.

harrypottar
06-30-2012, 04:54 AM
Fingers are crossed for you, did they find the issue with the abdominal pain?

Can anyone (family) fly out to you and drive you all home?

I know it doesn't seem like it now but it's another life story that you will look back on as an adventure.

:pray: For you both

harry

GloryRyders
06-30-2012, 05:03 AM
:pray::pray::pray: COMMING YOUR WAY!

mastertek2000
06-30-2012, 05:05 AM
Sorry to hear about all of the troubles you're having on your trip. Hope the rest of your trip is more pleasureful

Mo Lee
06-30-2012, 05:36 AM
Keep us posted, Spyderlovers can come together and do amazing things.

DocRags
06-30-2012, 07:17 AM
Thank you all for your support and prayers. You guys are a top-notch support system. :2thumbs: We're waiting for the GI doc to come in this morning to tell us how they plan to proceed with Ed's evaluation. (It's not helping either of us to have a dry erase board in the room welcoming us to the oncology ward). The upside of this saga is the hospital here is lovely and staff is warm & friendly...the "gadgets" are keeping Erags busy...electric shades that go up & down with the push of a button, photographic "murals" that can be lit from behind (one is even on the ceiling above the bed),etc. Of course, Ed isn't too enamored of some of the other gadgets, which I will leave unspecified. Downside is we're still in the dark about the source of his abdominal mass. Thank heavens we have the support system the internet and phones provide. Ed's son (in Jackson, MS) has offered to fly out to drive the RV...don't know how that would go so we've declined the offer thus far. I guess I could go out to the base and start practicing my driving skills!:yikes::yikes::yikes: Watch out, folks, if you live between Cheyenne and Pensacola! My usual mode of transportation (if we're not on the back of the :spyder2:) is a MINI. This is definitely going to be an interesting journey. Hopefully the docs can "tune up" Ed enough to allow him to drive home for further eval & treatment.

Questions
06-30-2012, 07:18 AM
Take a deep breath, medical issues first, spyder second and tons of prayers all around you.

Air Force PAO
06-30-2012, 07:22 AM
I went to the Wyoming section of the Forum and found at least two Spyder ryders in Cheyenne and a dealer called Mavericks. Maybe someone there can help move the hauler and Spyder for you.

Good luck. You are in my prayers.

NancysToy
06-30-2012, 08:35 AM
:yikes: Nancy and I are so sorry to hear of your continued woes. I wish we were closer so we could help you out somehow. Our prayers are with Ed (...and with the folks between there and FL if you drive home ;)). My cell number is on Ed's phone, and he has my card. Shout if there is anything we can do to help...or if you just want to talk. :pray::pray::pray:

flamingobabe
06-30-2012, 09:22 AM
Prayers for Ed and you.....this will turn into an adventure to remember....hope all turns out well

rhansen309
06-30-2012, 09:28 AM
We hope all turns out ok. Our prayers and thoughts are with you and your family!!

Bob Denman
06-30-2012, 09:35 AM
Ditto! :pray: :thumbup:

DynamoBT
06-30-2012, 09:42 AM
Second the post about dealing with medical first all others second. Wish we were closer to offer help. Prayers for both of you.

DocRags
06-30-2012, 10:04 AM
Ed's blood counts are still dropping. :( They are getting ready to transfuse 2 units. For the good news, a local Spyderlover has offered us the use of a car to get back & forth to/from the base. :2thumbs: GI doc came in but got called to ICU shortly thereafter. Still waiting for plan of action to be clarified.

Oldmanzues
06-30-2012, 10:23 AM
Prayers and best wishs to both of you. Wish I could do more, but am to far away.
I would suggest the person who offered to drive to take him up on it. Driving a "fair sized rig" and trying to follow a route, GPS or not by your self is not the best idea ( to me). It takes pratice to learn, but a skilled person to help learn is a great idea. It can be done. I used to teach School Bus driving. I did have one lady trainee that her car was just a little longer then the Bus hood. She earned a hundred on all three phases of her CDL.
Again, my prayers
Oldmanzues

napper39
06-30-2012, 12:08 PM
im sorry to hear all kinds of trouble your having,all i can do is send my love and :pray:s your way and hope everthing works out.:pray: .

RAYYOU
06-30-2012, 12:10 PM
Our prayer are with you and Ed and all the other drivers when you drive home. YOU CAN DO IT!

Ray & Cheryl

Firefly
06-30-2012, 01:17 PM
Sure sorry for all your troubles. Hopefully things will get better soon! :thumbup:

Paula(Butch2025)
06-30-2012, 01:30 PM
:pray: Our prayers are with you!

DocRags
06-30-2012, 02:47 PM
Prayers for Ed and you.....this will turn into an adventure to remember....hope all turns out well This has DEFINITELY turned into an adventure we won't forget. Hoping to get some answers tomorrow when he's scheduled for more tests. Getting 2 units of blood now since his counts dropped some more.

guinness
07-01-2012, 02:38 PM
I believe Ed is in good hands. The two units will be good for him as fresh blood always seems to help even a little. Hang in there and just know we are all pulling for you guys!

ABQ_Spyderman
07-01-2012, 03:28 PM
Sorry sorry for you guys. Praying!!

DocRags
07-01-2012, 03:29 PM
Well, it's official...we have reached the end of the road trip for now. Biopsies done this morning and "suspicious." We have been cleared to head home with Ed driving since he has a physician with him to monitor his status. Hopefully we can get our referrals to the surgeon done this week while traveling, and get surgery done early the following week. What a birthday present that will be for me this year! Thanks for all the support you guys have given us this week...you all are the best.:thumbup: Especially Dick Lennox for lending me a car! Please keep up the prayers. :pray: Ed didn't care for the two days of clear liquids...he SURE won't care for the time he'll be off the :spyder2:!

MMcc
07-01-2012, 03:51 PM
Have a safe and uneventful trip home. Prayers for a speedy recovery.

chickridin
07-01-2012, 03:57 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this. I'll be :pray: for you both. ((hugs))

Luckyme
07-01-2012, 04:20 PM
Praying for both of you. Have a safe drive home.
You have a great attitude about this. God Bless.

DynamoBT
07-01-2012, 04:30 PM
Hope you have a safe journey home. Continued prayers for Ed's health.

CMA Cowboy
07-01-2012, 04:43 PM
Prayers for a safe journey and complete recovery for Ed and your nerves.:pray:

SpyderAnn01
07-01-2012, 05:19 PM
Prayers for a safe journey and complete recovery for Ed and your nerves.:pray:

:agree:

DocRags
07-01-2012, 07:34 PM
Prayers for a safe journey and complete recovery for Ed and your nerves.:pray: You have really hit the nail on the head with this post! :thumbup: My nerves are probably a bigger problem than his colon! nojoke I was trying to get him to lose weight, but it was surely not this way. We are both just overwhelmed with the love and support and prayers from everyone...what a wonderful group we belong to. :firstplace: We're trying to map out our route home...will play it by ear day to day. He must be feeling better already...he's trying to figure out if Lamont's BBQ can be added to our schedule now that SITR is out of the question.

bruiser
07-01-2012, 07:42 PM
Cheryl, hope you and Ed have a safe trip home. Sure is nice to have your own personal Doc with you when your not feeling well.

DocRags
07-01-2012, 07:53 PM
Cheryl, hope you and Ed have a safe trip home. Sure is nice to have your own personal Doc with you when your not feeling well.
Ed's not always sure if it's a good thing or not to have me along since the last five years I was still practicing I was doing hospice work. :yikes: It is usually my prodding that gets him to go see a doctor, though.

bruiser
07-01-2012, 08:01 PM
Sometimes I think hospice work is harder than hospital/office work. Of course you know, if it weren't for our wives, us guys wouldn't go to the doctor until something was falling off or not working at all. :roflblack:

NancysToy
07-01-2012, 08:35 PM
I'll second the motion for an uneventful trip, successful treatmentr and recovery, and calmed nerves. We are thinking of you guys every waking moment, and praying daily. Thanks for keeping us up to date. :pray:

See ya at Lamont's BBQ!

Daisyjoe
07-02-2012, 12:22 AM
Lots of prayers going up for you. Hang in there:clap:

GloryRyders
07-02-2012, 06:05 AM
Have a safe, uneventful journey home!:pray:

MickeyFisher
07-02-2012, 10:29 AM
So sorry to hear about your troubles. I had a great time talking to Ed at the event, just a super nice, super cool guy. Hope you guys have an uneventful rest of the trip home and that he's healed up and ready to ride again before too long. And, that your nerves recover, too!

DocRags
07-02-2012, 08:51 PM
Well, we made it to Lindsborg,KS (or something like that)...it was a long drive for Ed, with blustery winds, but he figured it would be better to tackle a longer day first when he was feeling fairly good after 2 units of blood. Our days will be shorter from now on and we should arrive home by early afternoon on Thursday. I've already arranged an appointment with the GI doc at home and for a surgical referral. We've got folks that have offered to come help get us back to Pensacola, but we're doing much better at a lower altitude and should be able to make it without assistance. We walked a little over a block to the local restaurant when we got here and Ed didn't become winded at all. He wouldn't have been able to do that in WY. If anything, the higher altitudes of Colorado and Wyoming probably helped us become aware of his problem sooner. He was unable to tolerate minimal exertion at a higher altitude with the anemia he had so it was good that we were on a trip out West in a higher altitude...he would have probably not have become symptomatic at home for quite a while longer since we are so close to sea level. We are considering that one of the blessings of this trip; another is all the support and love from the Spyder family and others we have met during this journey. Thanks again to all of you. I'll try to keep folks updated...hope to see you at Lamont's.

DocRags
07-02-2012, 08:57 PM
Sometimes I think hospice work is harder than hospital/office work. Of course you know, if it weren't for our wives, us guys wouldn't go to the doctor until something was falling off or not working at all. :roflblack: :agree: That is definitely true for most of you guys! The fear of something falling off :yikes::yikes::yikes: or not working at all :yikes: is a strong motivator to seek help! By the way, I just loved doing hospice work...it was so rewarding, although I did have to put up with Erags claiming that I took patients for rides in my Z4 convertible in an attempt to "kill them off quicker"!:roflblack:

SpyderAnn01
07-02-2012, 08:59 PM
The altitude was good for two things - increased gas mileage for most of our Spyders and getting Ed to the Doctor. Continued safe travels to you.

NancysToy
07-02-2012, 09:12 PM
Glad to hear the trip home is going well. That has to be helping your nerves, too. Your optimistic outlooks are good, too! We'll keep the prayers and good wishes coming. You keep giving us the good reports.

DocRags
07-02-2012, 09:39 PM
The altitude was good for two things - increased gas mileage for most of our Spyders and getting Ed to the Doctor. Continued safe travels to you.:agree::agree:...but the better gas mileage was kind of negated by the higher gas prices! (The $30 gas card came in mighty handy...Thanks, BRP).

gene0108
07-02-2012, 10:03 PM
I don't know the route you are taking back home but if you are going thru Baton Rouge and need anyhing, please PM me.

Gene

DocRags
07-03-2012, 07:47 PM
I don't know the route you are taking back home but if you are going thru Baton Rouge and need anyhing, please PM me.

Gene Appreciate your offer, Gene, but we're heading from Little Rock to Jackson MS to spend the 4th with Ed's son & his family, then we'll be in to Pensacola by the next day early afternoon. Right now we're looking at switching vehicles at the house...leaving the RV at home and taking my MINI in to the hospital. Ed's pathology results are still pending...looking more like a lymphoma than a colon cancer but special stains are going to take until Friday to get results back...not sure I like the sound of that as far as prognosis goes. We'll see...keep the prayers coming, folks. Thanks.

Noral
07-04-2012, 08:17 AM
If you guys need anything we live in Brandon,Ms.PM me. Prayers to you both.

Lamonster
07-04-2012, 09:02 AM
Man I hate the C word. You both are in our prayers.

bruiser
07-04-2012, 09:31 AM
Man I hate the C word. You both are in our prayers.

Agreed. There's not much that scares me. But that word does. Continued prayers.

DocRags
07-04-2012, 10:05 PM
Man I hate the C word. You both are in our prayers.:agree::agree: I am with you on that one 100%, Lamont. It's not helping that I did hospice work. My brain is going overtime with possibilities :yikes:, none of them good. His tests to date are looking more like a lymphoma than an actual colon cancer. Some of the tests won't be back till Friday at the earliest, but our local GI doc wants us to come in tomorrow. We are still hoping to make it to the BBQ, even if it's in our MINI instead of on the :spyder2:. Keep us in your prayers. Thanks.

DocRags
07-05-2012, 09:45 PM
On a different note, we managed to get a FREE replacement license tag from Florida by sending in our Amarillo police report number! :2thumbs: Hope to catch up with it in tomorrow's mail...then I'm gonna practice riding. No more of this being stranded stuff for me!

NancysToy
07-05-2012, 09:54 PM
On a different note, we managed to get a FREE replacement license tag from Florida by sending in our Amarillo police report number! :2thumbs: Hope to catch up with it in tomorrow's mail...then I'm gonna practice riding. No more of this being stranded stuff for me!
Been thinking about that. You do need that endorsement...and some practice in the RV, too. :)

DocRags
07-06-2012, 08:36 AM
Been thinking about that. You do need that endorsement...and some practice in the RV, too. :) The problem I've got with the M endorsement, Scotty, is that I need to pass the motorcycle safety class on a 2 wheel bike here in the Panhandle...and there is NO way my brain allows me to feel comfortable without that 3rd wheel. I do know how to drive our :spyder2:... I just wasn't comfortable with driving it around Cheyenne with no license tag on it. (Refer to earlier posts about the tag that disappeared on our trip somewhere in OK/TX). I would have probably driven it to/from the hospital in Cheyenne if it had a tag at the time...no tag plus no endorsement made me too scared to attempt it. I was worried if I got stopped for the tag problem they would ask for a license and figure out quickly that I wasn't driving it legally, even with the police report about the tag. I agree with you that I definitely need to get some driving time in the RV, too...this trip sure taught me that I don't want to be in the boat of being unable to transport us if need be. I've only driven it in a straight line in the driveway, not around corners or anything. When we first got it I was driving behind Ed and could tell him how to adjust his position in the road, etc...if I would have ended up driving this trip there would have been no one to help me with that part.

Health update: Erags is scheduled for surgery this Monday. Surgeon plans on laparoscopic approach so that should help with recuperation time, i.e. time till we ar e back on the :spyder2:. :thumbup: He's already had a bone marrow biopsy done this morning (note to self: avoid having that done if at all possible!) and is scheduled for a preop stress test later this morning. There's a chance that surgery will be curative without the need for chemo but we won't know that for sure till all studies are done.

harrypottar
07-06-2012, 08:43 AM
:pray: for Erags

harry

NancysToy
07-06-2012, 08:51 AM
It is a shame that FL hasn't seen the light and come up with a 3-wheel test and restriction for the endorsement. I understand your dilemma, and would probably have made the same choice under the circumstances. The lack of the tag plus the license could have ended up with Ed in the hospital and you in jail. :)

On a side note, my dad was one of the toughest people I ever have known. He had to have numerous bone marrow biopsies, and it was the only pain he ever complained about in his life. I do not envy Ed having to undergo that procedure. After that, the rest should be a piece of cake. ;)

Paula(Butch2025)
07-06-2012, 08:52 AM
:pray:Continued prayers for answers and recovery.

As for your M endorsement: check to see if you test on a low cc bike it that limits what you can ride. In Minnesota they changed that and I was able to test on my Vespa to get my M class (to ride any size cc bike)...which enables me to ride the Spyder. This could be an answer to your problem with the rode test portion of the M endorsement.
--Paula

captblack
07-06-2012, 09:07 AM
Praying that everything works out for the best ...

As for your endorsement, although I live in Georgia, I bought my bike in Jacksonville and was given this information about getting training that was valid for the FL licence.

http://www.fscj.edu/mydegree/news-events/motorcycle-safety.php

http://saferide.com/triscoot.html

You may be able to find someone in your area - even some of the colleges have courses.

Good luck and keep us up to date :pray:

DocRags
07-06-2012, 09:26 AM
It is a shame that FL hasn't seen the light and come up with a 3-wheel test and restriction for the endorsement. I understand your dilemma, and would probably have made the same choice under the circumstances. The lack of the tag plus the license could have ended up with Ed in the hospital and you in jail. :)

On a side note, my dad was one of the toughest people I ever have known. He had to have numerous bone marrow biopsies, and it was the only pain he ever complained about in his life. I do not envy Ed having to undergo that procedure. After that, the rest should be a piece of cake. ;) We definitely got a laugh out of the fact that when I was in med school, they were offering $50 for bone marrow "volunteers"...which NONE of us thought was anywhere near enough money. :wrong:Particularly when you consider guys could earn $200 being sperm donors for the infertility docs! Something just seemed wrong about those numbers...like they were backwards, or something!:ohyea:The good news on his bone marrow biopsy is we discovered Ed's got really, really good bone density...bad news is the doc had to really, really PUSH to get in. OUCH!

I'd like to clarify something...FL does have a 3 wheel endorsement...the mandatory motorcycle safety classes that are geared for 3 wheels are in Tampa or Orlando...well over 8 hrs from here. In the Panhandle, there are only 2 wheel classes, which teach all the 2 wheel crap you don't need to know if you are going to be on 3. The cones are set up for 2 wheels, which you can't do well on if you are on 3. You can't take the Goldwing 3 wheel classes unless you have the endorsement already and you can't get the endorsement without taking the 2 wheel class...it sucks! BRP is supposed to be providing the local dealer w some demos for 3 wheel classes but hasn't yet.

DocRags
07-06-2012, 09:35 AM
:pray:Continued prayers for answers and recovery.

As for your M endorsement: check to see if you test on a low cc bike it that limits what you can ride. In Minnesota they changed that and I was able to test on my Vespa to get my M class (to ride any size cc bike)...which enables me to ride the Spyder. This could be an answer to your problem with the rode test portion of the M endorsement.
--Paula
We've heard of folks passing the motorcycle safety classes on their scooters here...problem is, if you don't HAVE one you have to pass on the bikes that are provided. My brain kept saying ":yikes:,what the :cus: are you doing on this thing?" and I ended up dropping out of the class prematurely. Made 100 on the written test, but never finished the class. At least I didn't run over the instructor, which I was worried was going to happen! BRP is supposed to be providing some bikes for 3 wheel classes to be offered up here, but dealer doesn't have them yet. I kept trying to shift like a car, by stepping down, instead of toeing the shifter up...oh, well...

zrc
07-06-2012, 09:40 AM
We definitely got a laugh out of the fact that when I was in med school, they were offering $50 for bone marrow "volunteers"...which NONE of us thought was anywhere near enough money. :wrong:Particularly when you consider guys could earn $200 being sperm donors for the infertility docs! Something just seemed wrong about those numbers...like they were backwards, or something!:ohyea:The good news on his bone marrow biopsy is we discovered Ed's got really, really good bone density...bad news is the doc had to really, really PUSH to get in. OUCH!

You mean in college I coulda made a quick $200 bucks that way. Why the hell was I selling plasma for party cash...

DocRags
07-06-2012, 01:42 PM
You mean in college I coulda made a quick $200 bucks that way. Why the hell was I selling plasma for party cash... I'd have to say we women were :cus: the guys could make $$$ "having fun", whereas the only way WE could make $ on campus (other than legitimate work elsewhere) was to donate bone marrow FOUR times!:yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes:

Bob Denman
07-06-2012, 02:32 PM
You mean in college I coulda made a quick $200 bucks that way. Why the hell was I selling plasma for party cash...
Just think of all of that wasted income... :shocked: :roflblack:

zrc
07-06-2012, 02:42 PM
Just think of all of that wasted income... :shocked: :roflblack:

Heck I am wondering if they still do it... THINK OF THE FARKLE MONEY.

Bob Denman
07-06-2012, 02:51 PM
Geez... at my worst I woulda been wasting $6000 a month... :shocked:
There's something wrong with a World that'd allow that!

Paula(Butch2025)
07-06-2012, 04:02 PM
At least I didn't run over the instructor

So glad you didn't run him over...that would have been a very bad omen!!! Too bad we live so far apart...I haven't sold my Vespa yet, I would totally let you use it!!! Hope your dealer gets those bikes in so you can get that endorsement soon.

NancysToy
07-06-2012, 04:15 PM
Nancy took her class on a bike. They provided some little Suzukis with forward controls, among others. She was very apprehensive, but did splendidly. At 5'1" she was tickled that they had a bike that fit her. In this state adults have two choices...either take an approved MSF course, or take the test. Finding an facility that will give a 3-wheel test is another problem altogether, though. We couldn't find one in the area, so she elected to take the course first and learn to ride the Spyder second. It was a good choice, IMO. There is a lot to be learned, even from a 2-wheeled course.

DocRags
07-06-2012, 04:45 PM
So glad you didn't run him over...that would have been a very bad omen!!! Too bad we live so far apart...I haven't sold my Vespa yet, I would totally let you use it!!! Hope your dealer gets those bikes in so you can get that endorsement soon.
It was actually kind of comical since the one instructor said "We are worried about your safety" and I said "I'm really worried about your safety since I'm the one on the bike!" Up until now I've been perfectly content to sit back, enjoy the ride and take pictures...If there's one thing I learned on this trip is it's probably more important that I master the RV than the :spyder2:...maybe I need to look into a CDL license rather than the motorcycle endorsement!

bruiser
07-06-2012, 05:40 PM
Bruisersbaby started taking the MSF last October. They use various make/models of 250cc bikes. She had never driven a two wheeler. On the last day of the class 3/4 of the way through, something happened and she went down with the bike. She had a bad contusion to her ankle that kept her from finishing the class. She continued with her Spyder lessons with me as her instructor (she had a learners permit), and practicing on her own, all the time hoping for a MSF trike class. Well, last month she surprised me by getting her M endorsement. She took the practicle on the Spyder at the local DMV office. The test consisted of driving around the parking lot twice and on the second time around the examiner held her hand up for a stop. That was it, nothing else, she passed. She's still waiting for the MSF trike class, which should be sometime late fall if they can get the trikes by then. NC doesn't have an M endorsement for trikes only, it covers all motorcycles.

DocRags
07-06-2012, 07:40 PM
Bruisersbaby started taking the MSF last October. They use various make/models of 250cc bikes. She had never driven a two wheeler. On the last day of the class 3/4 of the way through, something happened and she went down with the bike. She had a bad contusion to her ankle that kept her from finishing the class. She continued with her Spyder lessons with me as her instructor (she had a learners permit), and practicing on her own, all the time hoping for a MSF trike class. Well, last month she surprised me by getting her M endorsement. She took the practicle on the Spyder at the local DMV office. The test consisted of driving around the parking lot twice and on the second time around the examiner held her hand up for a stop. That was it, nothing else, she passed. She's still waiting for the MSF trike class, which should be sometime late fall if they can get the trikes by then. NC doesn't have an M endorsement for trikes only, it covers all motorcycles. I had been following Bruisersbaby on the forum when she was getting her endorsement. The problem here is there isn't a learner's permit for motorcycles...I will just practice around the neighborhood and wait for 3 wheel classes to be offered in the area, I guess. It was the lack of a license plate and the lack of a M endorsement that kept me off the bike while we were in Cheyenne. One by itself would not have been enough to have kept me off our :spyder2:...I didn't want to spend time in the Cheyenne jail while Erags was in the hospital...I don't know if I would have been able to talk Dlennox into posting bail for me.

NancysToy
07-06-2012, 09:51 PM
We'll gladly take up a collection for bail money for you anytime, Cheryl. :roflblack:

Jevans7
07-07-2012, 03:17 AM
To bad your time in WY. Was short the test here is only a written test for spyder on class no driving but only good for spyder or trike.

DocRags
07-07-2012, 10:52 AM
To bad your time in WY. Was short the test here is only a written test for spyder on class no driving but only good for spyder or trike.
Hmmm...we might just have to move to Wyoming! It does seem crazy to take a 2 wheel class for a 3 wheel bike. Florida offers a 3 wheel endorsement, but can't take that class up here yet...seems like a waste of $ to take the class in Tampa or Orlando since that would entail travel expenses, hotel, etc. for a 2 day class.

Oldmanzues
07-07-2012, 03:47 PM
It was actually kind of comical since the one instructor said "We are worried about your safety" and I said "I'm really worried about your safety since I'm the one on the bike!" Up until now I've been perfectly content to sit back, enjoy the ride and take pictures...If there's one thing I learned on this trip is it's probably more important that I master the RV than the :spyder2:...maybe I need to look into a CDL license rather than the motorcycle endorsement!
Are you thinking you need a CDL to drive a RV ? In most states, all you need is a car license.
If I am wrong or out of date, others will correct me.
A Ohio CDL test is two hours long and in three parts. The inspection part has the person indentifing and saying condition on 58 items, when test on a School bus.
I hpe thing continue to get better.
Oldmanzues

DocRags
07-07-2012, 07:48 PM
We'll gladly take up a collection for bail money for you anytime, Cheryl. :roflblack: Thank you, Scotty...it's nice to know Spyderlovers look after each other so well. :clap:

DocRags
07-07-2012, 07:56 PM
Are you thinking you need a CDL to drive a RV ? In most states, all you need is a car license.
If I am wrong or out of date, others will correct me.
A Ohio CDL test is two hours long and in three parts. The inspection part has the person indentifing and saying condition on 58 items, when test on a School bus.
I hpe thing continue to get better.
Oldmanzues Oh, no...I didn't mean to imply we needed a CDL for the RV since we don't (in FL or anywhere else that I am aware of)...I just figured I might feel better if I had a CDL license since our RV is 38 ft long and almost 13 ft high...the semis don't look much different than us! I've been nervous about not judging where the RV is going around corners, at a gas station, etc. I do know some truckers don't care for the idea that more training isn't required for RV's, given the size of some of them.

NancysToy
07-07-2012, 08:00 PM
There are RV driver training and confidence courses.

DynamoBT
07-07-2012, 08:13 PM
Both of you will be in my prayers as Ed goes through his surgery. Hoping very much that he gets to avoid chemo.

DocRags
07-08-2012, 11:08 AM
There are RV driver training and confidence courses. I could probably use those...:cus:, ERags could probably use them! (shhhhh...don't tell him I said so!) nojoke On another note, we are 20 1/2 hours to his date with the surgeon's knife...:yikes: