PDA

View Full Version : Had a minor Accident today!

Ga Blue Knight
06-28-2012, 06:48 AM
My three friends and I were on our way to lunch, a Victory Rider, a Harley Rider and me on my 09 RS. (No its no the start of a joke!). I was in the lead and stopped for a red light before turning right. My Ex Friend on the Victory was following me and failed to stop while eyeing a cute girl in the lane to our left in a NISSAN JUKE! Of all things. (search forum for Juke reference). Anyway he failed to stop and piled into my left side! Only damage was a scratch on my left Givi bag lid! He went down scratched up the paint on right side of his new bike, bent his foot peg and even some how scratched his gas tank with his watch. If I was on a two wheeler I would have been propelled into traffic! On my side no doubt.

Now here is the rest of the story! My bud (still my best friend) is a Police Lt for the local County and a Motorcycle Safety Instructor! I demanded his MSF Instructor patch from his flame orange safety vest. Still waiting for it.

Moral of this story is keep alert both in front and in back of you even if stopped!

Bob Denman
06-28-2012, 06:54 AM
:yikes: Glad to hear that your damage is relatively minor! :thumbup:
"Distracted Driving..." It bit me on the bottom last October! :gaah:

dannymax
06-28-2012, 06:54 AM
Sorry to hear this....a split second's distraction can change everything!
And a cute chick in a Juke....:yikes:

Bytemi
06-28-2012, 06:59 AM
Wow, I am glad the damage wasn't worse. Distracted riding is dangerous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daisyjoe
06-28-2012, 08:46 AM
Glad you were not hurt!

Jeriatric
06-28-2012, 09:07 AM
When/if he surrenders his patch to you. You should return the favor by giving him a set of blinders. Available at your local tack shop. ;)

SpyderAnn01
06-28-2012, 09:13 AM
Oops.

Ga Blue Knight
06-28-2012, 09:23 AM
Thanks folks for all of the good wishes and comments. I am just happy I had the givi bags or he would have hit my leg!

He offered to replace the left bag until he found out they come as a set. Anyway I let him off the hook as my damage is hardly noticeable and his is around $1,100. That and the great story to tell everyone I know on Facebook should be enough!

We are both members of the local Blue Knights Chapter. He is the Pres. and I am the Vice Pres. There are around 20,000 members world wide in 21 countries. Yes, the world will find out!!

d.o.spyder-rts
06-28-2012, 10:11 AM
Glad to hear both of you are ok and there was only minor damage done to the bikes. Dale

Bob Denman
06-28-2012, 10:40 AM
He offered to replace the left bag until he found out they come as a set. Anyway I let him off the hook as my damage is hardly noticeable and his is around $1,100. That and the great story to tell everyone I know on Facebook should be enough!
We are both members of the local Blue Knights Chapter. He is the Pres. and I am the Vice Pres. There are around 20,000 members world wide in 21 countries. Yes, the world will find out!!

He is REALLY gonna wish that you had taken the money and kept quiet! :shocked: :roflblack: :thumbup:

ARtraveler
06-28-2012, 11:06 AM
Glad to hear everything came out without anyone getting hurt. Lesson learned. :thumbup:

exwinger
06-28-2012, 11:15 AM
And neither of you went over to the "distraction " and complained , after all , it was her fault....LOL

Bob Denman
06-28-2012, 11:34 AM
And neither of you went over to the "distraction " and complained , after all , it was her fault....LOL

:shocked: I've been married too long! :shocked: It's been beaten into my head for far too long that it's NEVER the lady's fault! :gaah: :roflblack:

flamingobabe
06-28-2012, 12:24 PM
I'm sure it was the cute girl's fault....looks like a new road name for your friend.....

Ga Blue Knight
06-28-2012, 02:42 PM
I'm sure it was the cute girl's fault....looks like a new road name for your friend.....

What did you have in mind? Any suggestions out there? May as well get everyone involved!

Jeriatric
06-28-2012, 02:44 PM
What did you have in mind? Any suggestions out there? May as well get everyone involved!

Ogleeyes

d.o.spyder-rts
06-28-2012, 03:09 PM

Sightseer

zrc
06-28-2012, 03:15 PM
Eyecandy

Bob Denman
06-28-2012, 03:17 PM
Rover...

dannymax
06-28-2012, 06:44 PM
Well, I'd have to discuss it with the rest of the NY Riders cause we sortta have title to the name, but I'm thinking
"Gawker" fits pretty good! :yikes: :shocked: :yikes:

bone crusher
06-28-2012, 08:03 PM
My three friends and I were on our way to lunch, a Victory Rider, a Harley Rider and me on my 09 RS. (No its no the start of a joke!). I was in the lead and stopped for a red light before turning right. My Ex Friend on the Victory was following me and failed to stop while eyeing a cute girl in the lane to our left in a NISSAN JUKE! Of all things. (search forum for Juke reference). Anyway he failed to stop and piled into my left side! Only damage was a scratch on my left Givi bag lid! He went down scratched up the paint on right side of his new bike, bent his foot peg and even some how scratched his gas tank with his watch. If I was on a two wheeler I would have been propelled into traffic! On my side no doubt.

Now here is the rest of the story! My bud (still my best friend) is a Police Lt for the local County and a Motorcycle Safety Instructor! I demanded his MSF Instructor patch from his flame orange safety vest. Still waiting for it.

Moral of this story is keep alert both in front and in back of you even if stopped!

Yeah, but what did the girl look like? :yes::yes:

Ga Blue Knight
06-28-2012, 10:19 PM
Yeah, but what did the girl look like? :yes::yes:

I didn't get that good of a look since I was busy being run over by an 1,200 pound Victory Motorcyle, but my Bud said that she reminded him of that ZZ Top song "She has Legs and knows what to do with them!"

Joel
06-28-2012, 11:37 PM
now for is bike he can sing this new version " She got scratches, I know what to do with them"

:banghead:

Questions
06-29-2012, 12:13 AM
Hey Oldangrouchy,
As a fellow Blue Knight (BKAUS II) all Blue Knights in Australia now know;);)
Regards
Paul...Radar

bone crusher
06-29-2012, 05:01 AM
I didn't get that good of a look since I was busy being run over by an 1,200 pound Victory Motorcyle, but my Bud said that she reminded him of that ZZ Top song "She has Legs and knows what to do with them!"

Geez, he saw all that by looking into a car? Wow...he's got great vision but obviously can't handle the bike too well at the same time! :rolleyes:

cearley
06-29-2012, 08:59 AM
It's easy to peek into a Juke when you stand on your handlebars.:joke:

Oldmanzues
06-29-2012, 09:11 AM
I do not know, but how about keeping a dougnut on the dashboard. Wouldn't take the mind off girls. I am not a member of Blue nights, but spent 13 years in Law enforcement.
A long the same lines thou. We had three ride captins in front of a ride and One ran into another. Same reason, Better view, standing on side walk.
Oldmanzues

StanProff
06-29-2012, 02:07 PM

let's see, he tried to mate a Victory and a Spyder and Hmmm,,,A Vicder?
Glad your o.k.

Ga Blue Knight
07-03-2012, 03:37 PM
Hey Oldangrouchy,
As a fellow Blue Knight (BKAUS II) all Blue Knights in Australia now know;);)
Regards
Paul...Radar

Thanks for the shout out to all BK's down under! I will be in Sydney the last week in July. If your not too far away how about a pint on me for you and your Bud's?