PDA

View Full Version : How to increase print size

dannymax
06-27-2012, 08:01 PM
Just a neat trick I stumbled onto that makes reading tech manuals, bank statements or other 'text rich' material a lot easier.

Press and hold the Ctrl button then press the plus sign (+) The print will increase in size

Press and hold the Ctrl button then press the minus sign (-) Print will decrease in size.

This may be common knowledge, I don't know :dontknow:....but I thought it was kinda a big deal. :2thumbs:

ARtraveler
06-27-2012, 08:16 PM
Thats a good one. I did not know that. :2thumbs:

docdoru
06-27-2012, 08:26 PM
http://www.computerhope.com/shortcut/ie.htm

boborgera
06-27-2012, 09:14 PM
This may be common knowledge, I don't know :dontknow:....but I thought it was kinda a big deal. :2thumbs:

Common knowledge to some yes, But not to ''ALL'', There were a few posts on this a few years ago, But it's good that you posted about it now.
:thumbup: Great post :thumbup: And yes it is a big deal.:cheers:

Phil
06-27-2012, 10:45 PM
Also Ctrl + the mouse scroll wheel.

Phil, Tyler TX- from my iPad3.5 using Tapatalk HD

dannymax
06-28-2012, 06:46 AM
There's also a bunch of symbols using Alt plus any 3 numbers on the number pad....although I have never seen a list of all the combinations.

I like the degree sign....hold the ALT key and press 248 ex: 75°
and the plus/minus sign comes in handy sometimes too....ALT and 497 ex: ±

That's it....that's all I know....;)

arntufun
06-28-2012, 07:15 AM
There is also a button on the TV remote that says power. If you press that your TV will turn on !!!!!!! :roflblack::roflblack: Only playin Danny !!! :thumbup:

dannymax
06-28-2012, 07:32 AM
There is also a button on the TV remote that says power. If you press that your TV will turn on !!!!!!! :roflblack::roflblack: Only playin Danny !!! :thumbup:

I can't read it Randy....the print's too small! How can I increase the print size on the remote??? :dontknow:

Bob Denman
06-28-2012, 07:52 AM
A magnifying glass helps... :shocked: :roflblack:

dannymax
06-28-2012, 08:00 AM
I tried one of those but....one hand to hold the remote, one hand to push the buttons and yet another hand to hold the magnifying glass....not to mention a couple more hands for the ice cream bowl and spoon!!

I ran out of hands back on the remote......:dontknow: :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Bob Denman
06-28-2012, 09:28 AM
That's why you got married; more hands for the really important tasks! :roflblack::roflblack: :2thumbs:

dannymax
06-28-2012, 06:50 PM
That's why you got married; more hands for the really important tasks! :roflblack::roflblack: :2thumbs:

What a great idea!! Course I'll never relinquish title to the remote....it's a gender thing....you know!! :lecturef_smilie:

coz
06-28-2012, 06:59 PM
QUOTE=dannymax;475530]Just a neat trick I stumbled onto that makes reading tech manuals, bank statements or other 'text rich' material a lot easier.

Press and hold the Ctrl button then press the plus sign (+) The print will increase in size

Press and hold the Ctrl button then press the minus sign (-) Print will decrease in size.

This may be common knowledge, I don't know :dontknow:....but I thought it was kinda a big deal. :2thumbs:[/QUOTE]
YOU KILL ME DANNYMAX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:roflblack::roflb lack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:: roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflbl ack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:bo b d. no longer being a hardcore biker kills me MORE.:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:: roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflbl ack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack: life's little discoveries are fun.:thumbup:

Phil
06-28-2012, 07:30 PM
There's also a bunch of symbols using Alt plus any 3 numbers on the number pad....although I have never seen a list of all the combinations.

I like the degree sign....hold the ALT key and press 248 ex: 75°
and the plus/minus sign comes in handy sometimes too....ALT and 497 ex: ±

That's it....that's all I know....;)

Here ya go--- www.asciitable.com

Phil, Tyler TX- from my iPad3.5 using Tapatalk HD

tobor9
06-28-2012, 07:30 PM
Also works on Mac's but it's Command + /-instead of CTL+/-

IGETAROUND
06-28-2012, 07:37 PM
Just a neat trick I stumbled onto that makes reading tech manuals, bank statements or other 'text rich' material a lot easier.

Press and hold the Ctrl button then press the minus sign (-) Print will decrease in size.ok:yes:

You can also in most windows based applications press and hold the Ctrl button and use the scroll wheel on your mouse and do the same thing about increasing and decreasing print size in a window. Very helpful for those over 50 eyes