PDA

View Full Version : Possible Water Infiltration in Spyder RT Radio Module

ShawnFZR
06-27-2012, 09:01 AM
There was a bulletin (Roadster #2012-6 - Spyder RT - Possible Water Infiltration in Radio Module) that was released at the end of last month. However, I'm finding that most of our customer's don't seem to know about this until it pulls up under a VIN inquiry when entering our service department for services.

Possible water infiltration into the radio module may lead to various issues, including excessive battery drain during short none use periods. A very limited number of units may already have sustained damage from water intrusion. If the Spyder RT has an XM Radio installed, bulletin #2012-7 includes a satellite radio update kit to be performed at the same time as the above mentioned radio bulletin.

The bulletin applies to all 2011 - 2012 Spyder RT A&C, LTD & S models and all RT’s that have dealer installed BRP Radio and/or XM Kits. The inspection and prevention procedure takes about 30 minutes to perform, plus an additional 30 minutes if the unit has an XM radio installed.

Make an appointment with me at Pro Caliber Motorsports (http://www.procaliberlongview.com/) and I'll get this taken care of for you!

gypsy_100
07-02-2012, 05:26 PM
I went in today for the ECM update for the limp mode improvement and was told they would also check the radio for water infiltration. I had missed Shawn's note and wasn't aware of that bulletin. When they pulled the radio, the power lead and connections were all fine. However, the antenna lead pulled right out of it's connector plug to the antenna wire. Unfortunately the short connector is an integral part of the radio not something that plugs into it. So they have to order a whole new radio just because the antenna lead is shot. Meantime, they stuck the connection back together and taped it tight so the radio gets reception, with a lot of crackles. Fortunately I don't use the radio except for the national weather service. I don't expect it to work for long. Thought I'd post this strange occurrence and see if anyone else has had this. 2011 RT-S with only 8K miles.

LLSailor
07-04-2012, 12:03 PM
Took mine in last Saturday to set the front shocks and for the ECM/TCM update. They did the Radio update and the lil dable do ya on the belt as well.