PDA

View Full Version : Charlotte area ryders... Meet and greet?

shelbydave
06-27-2012, 08:53 AM
The first Saturday of every month, "Cars and Coffee" is held uptown at the NC Music Factory. I usually take the Shelby Charger, or the CSRT. There's usually some neat stuff to look at there. I was thinking of taking the Spyder in July, getting some breakfast there, and then going for a little ryde afterwards - Not sure where, just want to get some seat time. Anyone interested? For anyone in the Concord - or East, we can probably meet and ryde in together. Since I got my MC endorsement yesterday, Lisa will be with me if she isn't working...

danlnc
06-27-2012, 11:39 AM
I hate going into Charlotte or I would join you. If you ever decide to do something in the Concord area I will be interested.

shelbydave
06-27-2012, 12:11 PM
I hate going into Charlotte or I would join you. If you ever decide to do something in the Concord area I will be interested.

Every Sunday morning, we go to Punchy's Diner in Concord. If you want to meet us for Breakfast, we can go for a ride afterwards...

spydergurl
06-27-2012, 03:29 PM
what time do you usually meet at Punchys? do you meet every Sunday?

shelbydave
06-27-2012, 03:54 PM
what time do you usually meet at Punchys? do you meet every Sunday?

We don't meet... Lisa and I have gone there for breakfast on Sundays for quite some time. I just thought that would be a nice start to a day... Meet for Breakfast, then figure out a place to go.

Or if someone has a regular place they go, we're up to try new places too... :)

WackyDan
06-27-2012, 09:45 PM
I'm open for either. Just let me know for sure.

shelbydave
06-27-2012, 09:50 PM
I'm open for either. Just let me know for sure.

For Lisa and I, both are definite. We'll be going to Cars and Coffee in July, and we do breakfast every sunday. This week will be the first time on the spyder :thumbup:

shelbydave
06-29-2012, 08:25 AM
We'll be going to breakfast at Punchys at 9:30 if anybody wants to join us. Unfortunately, Lisa has to be to work at 1:30 so there won't be much time for riding afterward. It may be too hot anyhow.. :(

Cars and Coffee will be the following Saturday (July 7) at the NC Music Factory off of Graham Street. It is actually held in the parking lot behind Matties Diner.

danlnc
06-29-2012, 11:34 AM
We'll be going to breakfast at Punchys at 9:30 if anybody wants to join us. Unfortunately, Lisa has to be to work at 1:30 so there won't be much time for riding afterward. It may be too hot anyhow.. :(

Cars and Coffee will be the following Saturday (July 7) at the NC Music Factory off of Graham Street. It is actually held in the parking lot behind Matties Diner.

Are we talking about the Punchys on 29 or the other one? We plan on being there at 9:30. Will not be riding the Spyder as my miles are getting high and got my 600 mile check scheduled.

shelbydave
06-29-2012, 01:35 PM
Are we talking about the Punchys on 29 or the other one? We plan on being there at 9:30. Will not be riding the Spyder as my miles are getting high and got my 600 mile check scheduled.

Yep. Punchys on 29.

spydergurl
06-29-2012, 04:10 PM
We may try to get to Punchys Sunday at 9:30am.

SpyderRon
06-29-2012, 06:03 PM
Linda and I are interested in meeting you at the July 7th Cars and Coffee! We are form Matthews... what time do you plan to be there?

Cheers, Ron

shelbydave
06-29-2012, 08:52 PM
Linda and I are interested in meeting you at the July 7th Cars and Coffee! We are form Matthews... what time do you plan to be there?

Cheers, Ron

It runs from 8:00 to 10:00. I usually try to get there around 8:00 - 8:30.

shelbydave
06-29-2012, 08:55 PM
As for Punchys this Sunday, I'm not sure if we'll be bringing the Spyder now. Lisa has to be in to work at Noon, so there won't be any time for a ryde, and We rode in to Matthews tonight, and it was hotter than Blue Blazes!! We didn't have much time on the road, but just wore out when we got home!!! As much as we want to ride, it may be just too hot to be enjoyable... :(

WingmanRT
06-29-2012, 11:14 PM
It runs from 8:00 to 10:00. I usually try to get there around 8:00 - 8:30.
Let me check into this for the 7th. If we can make it, we will be back in touch. I'm going to try. You're right about the heat this weekend. I went for a ryde between 7-9pm and it was like driving in an oven. Supposed to be between 105 and 108 tomorrow.

shelbydave
06-30-2012, 08:32 PM
We will be on the Spyder, but can't ride afterwards. We'd love to meet whoever decides to come out.

shelbydave
07-01-2012, 10:59 AM
Ha a nice breakfast! Was nice to meet bigdog69, and Spydergurl. Too bad it was so hot!

Plyrod38
12-01-2012, 08:26 AM
Just curious if you folks are still getting together at Punchy's for breakfast on Sunday mornings.

It looks like fantastic riding weather this weekend.
Paulette and I will be heading out today and could make Punchy's tomorrow morning if it's still active.

Dave, I think we sat across from each other at the RPM BBQ.

Let me know,

Bill

shelbydave
12-01-2012, 09:20 AM
Just curious if you folks are still getting together at Punchy's for breakfast on Sunday mornings.

It looks like fantastic riding weather this weekend.
Paulette and I will be heading out today and could make Punchy's tomorrow morning if it's still active.

Dave, I think we sat across from each other at the RPM BBQ.

Let me know,

Bill
Yes. we still do breakfast on Sundays. Too cold in the mornings to take the spyder, but we go every Sunday, unless we're out of town. We get there somewhere around 9:30, give or take depending on motivation.

Plyrod38
12-01-2012, 03:09 PM
We went out to breakfast this morning in Rockwell, a little chilly but by the time we got back on the road at 10:00 it was warming up nicely.
We rode up to Morrow Mountain and circled back through Albemarle and stopped in to see Rick and Cheryl at RPM. We left there at about 1 and grabbed a light lunch, I was ready to put the jackets in the trunk by 1:30.
Paulette had to be at work at 3:00 so I'm here at the computer.
We plan to be at Punchy's Sunday around 9:30, on the Spyder. Hopefully we can get together. I understand Rick has some equipment on display at Punchy's.

Take Care,
Bill