PDA

View Full Version : ACS on the fritz

naillz
06-26-2012, 02:31 PM
Hey everyone, the ACS on my Spyder RT seems to have stopped working. It’s like riding without a rear shock absorber. We have 13k and the ride has been horrendous. Bouncing up and down just didn’t make the ride enjoyable at all. I decided to see if the suspension was adjusting and it wasn’t moving at all. Went home and inflated the Air Spring to at least 40psi and the rear jumped up but after starting it up the deflator kicked out the air I just put in.

Right now she’s at Pro Powersports in Conroe waiting to be looked at. I will keep you all posted on what the situation is.

FmfTxs
06-26-2012, 02:53 PM
Hey everyone, the ACS on my Spyder RT seems to have stopped working. It’s like riding without a rear shock absorber. We have 13k and the ride has been horrendous. Bouncing up and down just didn’t make the ride enjoyable at all. I decided to see if the suspension was adjusting and it wasn’t moving at all. Went home and inflated the Air Spring to at least 40psi and the rear jumped up but after starting it up the deflator kicked out the air I just put in.

Right now she’s at Pro Powersports in Conroe waiting to be looked at. I will keep you all posted on what the situation is.
Nailz,
Having the same problem. The Air pump has gone bad. Usally the #6 fuse blows out and the horn will not work and the fog lights. This all should be covered under warranty. The part took 3 weeks to arrive. I hope this helps.

Rick

naillz
06-26-2012, 07:00 PM
Nailz,
Having the same problem. The Air pump has gone bad. Usally the #6 fuse blows out and the horn will not work and the fog lights. This all should be covered under warranty. The part took 3 weeks to arrive. I hope this helps.

Rick

Hey Rick. My horn and fog lights are cool. just that we are riding on concrete!:banghead:

The dealer should be calling me back to let me know whats up tomorrow. By the way they think its some sort of modulator that has gone bad. Bad at 13k? That is really B.S. to me. :banghead:

Anyway will see what happens tomorrow.

FmfTxs
06-26-2012, 08:39 PM
Hey Rick. My horn and fog lights are cool. just that we are riding on concrete!:banghead:

The dealer should be calling me back to let me know whats up tomorrow. By the way they think its some sort of modulator that has gone bad. Bad at 13k? That is really B.S. to me. :banghead:

Anyway will see what happens tomorrow.
Nails,
Just picked up my Spyder had to replace the air pump. Than the fuse relay could not be found, they informed me that one had to be ordered. Than I get a phone call from dealer and they took one off from another Spyder. Thank You WILD WEST HONDA a geat dealership.

Rick

naillz
07-02-2012, 02:03 PM
UPDATE:

According to the dealer, the rear shock absorber needs to be replaced. WTF!!?!?!:shocked: I don't expect a shock that has to support the weight of a driver, passenger and cargo to go out with 13k on it. That is ridiculous. I should have the RT back in another week.

Unbelievable.