PDA

View Full Version : Chrome handlebars ...

Dikicep9
06-25-2012, 04:39 PM
I want to chrome my handle bars, but I'm afraid I'll be blinded by too much glare on sunny days. I wear sunglasses behind a half-face sun visor on a Scorpion EXO-100 helmet. Can someone give advice?

Jeriatric
06-25-2012, 04:44 PM
I want to chrome my handle bars, but I'm afraid I'll be blinded by too much glare on sunny days. I wear sunglasses behind a half-face sun visor on a Scorpion EXO-100 helmet. Can someone give advice?

No problem with chrome bars - glare or reflection. What seems to get me most is the red fender reflector. When the sun hits it, it can be blinding :yikes:

fastfraser
06-25-2012, 04:48 PM
Installed the chrome handle bar cover year and a half ago (15,000 miles ) and no issues at all. Tough install but I think they look awesome.

Bob Denman
06-25-2012, 05:14 PM
I've been looking at those chrome covers and worrying the same thing... I'm about as sensitive to glare as any six other poople on the Planet combined! :shocked:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcWVL4B-4pI

Do you think that the chinpiece on a fullface or modular helmet blocks enough of the reflected light to make it a possible addition?

Joel
06-25-2012, 10:32 PM
Hi,

I can't see any of the videos posted above.
What program do we need to see them?

thx.

GloryRyders
06-26-2012, 06:34 AM
I had the chrome handlebars added (along with almost everything else chrome) when I bought the RT Ltd. back in August and have never experienced a reflected glare from the sun yet! :2thumbs: I suppose that it could happen :dontknow:, but it should be a rare occurence! I say "go for it".