PDA

View Full Version : Ryding tips...

hotglue
06-24-2012, 10:40 PM
FB and I learned years ago... traveling alone.... that a couple things will make the difference between an 'adventure' and a really bad trip. They are pretty simple... but can mean a lot in a bad situation...

#1- Carry at least a liter of water per person. It will get hot in the bags... but it will keep ya going!

#2- get a pop up umbrella, and throw it in the bottom of your bag. They are about 1 1/2 inch in dia. and about 9" long. They don't take up much space, but make INSTANT shade when needed.

Those that went to Durango know the difference a little shade can make!!!!

We made it home tonight!!! Had a XXXtra large time!!!!!

Firefly
06-24-2012, 10:47 PM
FB and I learned years ago... traveling alone.... that a couple things will make the difference between an 'adventure' and a really bad trip. They are pretty simple... but can mean a lot in a bad situation...

#1- Carry at least a liter of water per person. It will get hot in the bags... but it will keep ya going!

#2- get a pop up umbrella, and throw it in the bottom of your bag. They are about 1 1/2 inch in dia. and about 9" long. They don't take up much space, but make INSTANT shade when needed.

Don't forget the XXXXXtra large flask!!! :roflblack:

spyderbirds
06-24-2012, 10:48 PM
Don't forget the XXXXXtra large flask!!! :roflblack:

Filled with that SPECIAL spring water LOL

SpyderAnn01
06-24-2012, 11:57 PM
I took FlamingoBabes advice last year and added the umbrella to my trailer for trips. Now that I'm living in the desert it is in the rear trunk. I've got bottles of hot water in the front trunk just in case. I've also added a pad that I got at a Harley Owner's Group party. It is quilted on one side and waterproof on the other and it rolls up fairly small. If you've ever laid down on the asphalt when the air temp is 100+ you'll know why I put this on the Spyder.

Jeriatric
06-25-2012, 12:20 AM

"Those that went to Durango know the difference a little shade can make!!!!"

On the way to Durango fueled at one of the Navajo Nation gas stations. When paying for my fuel the clerk asked if there would be "anything else?" my immediate response was ~ YES!!
'10 yards of shade'. She laughed and and said they were fresh out of shade. :roflblack:

ARtraveler
06-25-2012, 01:49 AM
Great ideas--thanks for posting. :thumbup:

currin20fan
06-25-2012, 04:44 AM

And where can you get these umbrella's? Glad you had fun and made it home safely.

DR Buck
06-25-2012, 05:18 AM
And where can you get these umbrella's? Glad you had fun and made it home safely.

Any "Dollar Store"

flamingobabe
06-25-2012, 09:56 AM

Walmart, Walgreens...just about anywhere

Questions
06-25-2012, 11:11 AM
For those long hot trips I wear a camelback filled mainly ice. Or I keep it in the frunk. Makes a huge difference on those types of trips.

glynnk
06-25-2012, 11:31 AM
Hotglue--Great tips. Glad you and Flamingobabe made it back home safe and sound.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

summerdawn
06-25-2012, 11:36 AM
Hubby and I freeze bottles of water solid and pack them in the trunk and they melt slowly. Icy water on a hot day is great! What other convenience items do you use?

currin20fan
06-25-2012, 01:25 PM
Hubby and I freeze bottles of water solid and pack them in the trunk and they melt slowly. Icy water on a hot day is great! What other convenience items do you use?

I bought a cooler from Walmart that fits in the trunk (back). I always carry water and one bottle always frozen and ice. Works great.

donec
06-25-2012, 01:42 PM
I always carry a soft insulated bag with 2 frozen bottles of water and 2 bottles of cold water. It allows me to have cold water almost all day.

Yazz
06-25-2012, 03:55 PM
Oh man, this ice water talk is giving me a headache again!

When its hot out, and you can feel your mush-bucket broiling, don't drink ice cold water...

It give you brain freeze! :shocked:

Ask me how I know...

currin20fan
06-25-2012, 09:20 PM
Oh man, this ice water talk is giving me a headache again!

When its hot out, and you can feel your mush-bucket broiling, don't drink ice cold water...

It give you brain freeze! :shocked:

Ask me how I know...

I know about the brain freeze..........ouch! Thats why I don't drink ice water. But I do like it cool...:ohyea: