PDA

View Full Version : Made it home from Durango

flamingobabe
06-24-2012, 10:06 PM
We left Durango Saturady about 8:30am....made it to Lubbock....left this morning got home about 7pm...something around 1200 miles...I rounded over to 40,000 miles while on 290......WhooHoo!!!! hope the rest are home...let's hear from y'all

FaranH
06-24-2012, 10:15 PM
Glad y'all are home safe! :clap: Congrats on the milestone!

ThreeFeet
06-24-2012, 10:20 PM
SmSo glad to hear you made it ok. I left the KOA aabout 9 AM and the heat got to me by 5Pm and so am in La Junta in a room with AC.....HAVE GOT TO GET BRP TO FIX THE BLOOMIN AC ON MY RT S!!!! Ya think??? Smoke was really thick around Pagosa, but cleared after awhile. But the heat REALLY was the worst.

conroe spyders
06-25-2012, 08:38 PM
We made it home Sunday & man did the AC feel good!!! Had right at 2500 miles total this trip. We could not have asked for better weather & scenery, Colorado was breath taking. Cannot put in words how much fun we had, enjoyed the vacation with friends & meeting new ones. Thank you everyone!!!

flamingobabe
06-28-2012, 01:06 PM
Durango was a blast....we need to set something up in the next couple of weeks....Mark is getting ready to check the valve clearance on my bike..hopefully it is all good...but I rolled over 40,000 miles coming home from Durango...we'll see...so glad everyone had a good time

Schnauzer
06-28-2012, 10:06 PM
We got in around 5:00pm Wed. 2989 miles. Really had a great time with everyone. Really saw some amazing sites and experienced some really sad sights, all the fires we passed along the way. Some of our trip was cut short due to Colorado Springs fire had everyroad closed. Our thoughts and prayers go out to the people in those area's.
The Texas heat is just unbearable, 123* on the cluster. We told ourselves last year when we traveled across the panhandle of Texas, we would never do it in June again. But we did anyway. Looking forward to hearing about next years owner event and location..

ARtraveler
06-28-2012, 10:09 PM
Glad you made it back safely. Please let us know what you find out about valve clearance. I was thinking I would do one at 30,000 -- end of season or so. If yours is still good at 40,000 we might be able to get a little further without the extra $600.00 service. Keeping my fingers crossed. :thumbup:

MarkLawson
06-29-2012, 08:42 AM
Good to see you and Mark again! Glad you're home safe and sound. We left early Friday morning and I got home Sunday evening. Rode to Oklahoma City the first day out - 782 miles. Couldn't keep up that pace the next two days. Had too many stops to make, visiting family and old hangouts. Lost my left highway peg in Little Rock. Was fortunate to find a Suzuki dealer still open as I walked in @ 6:00 PM on Saturday. They had a damaged Kury peg they'd taken off a wrecked bike & mounted it for me. Refused any payment. What a blessing! Would have hated going from Little Rock to Atlanta without a peg...

flamingobabe
06-29-2012, 09:06 AM
Schnauzer...glad y'all are home safe and out of the heat....the heat is a killer...

akspyderman...will let you know when Mark gets on it...in the next week or 2....

Mark Lawson...bummer about the peg...nice to hear Suzuki dealer helped you out....it was great seeing you and meeting your family....til next time.....

glynnk
06-29-2012, 03:01 PM
Did Gary and Lena make it back to Cypress? I think they left earlier than most everybody else.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

hotglue
06-29-2012, 03:27 PM
We saw them drive past in Durango.... so I know they made it there. Looked for them at the different events, but never saw them again. Gary and Lena..... where are ya???? Having a GOOD time , I hope!!!!!

NancysToy
06-29-2012, 10:24 PM
We had such a ball with you guys at the Ramada. Thanks so much for the delightful company. It wouldn't have been the same without ya!

hotglue
06-30-2012, 12:02 PM
We had such a ball with you guys at the Ramada. Thanks so much for the delightful company. It wouldn't have been the same without ya!
It was GREAT visiting with You and Nancy!!!!!!! We had a Blast!!!!!