PDA

View Full Version : braking with your heel

donec
06-24-2012, 09:52 PM
I am thinking of getting some highway pegs/panels and would like to hear from anyone that has them on an RS. I am concerned about how well braking with the heel of the foot works, how long it took to become comfortable and is it confusing to switch back and forth?

sealfloorboards
06-25-2012, 12:17 AM
You might want to go to my website: sealfloorboards.com. I talk about designing them originally for my '09 RS and how much I loved braking with my heel. It was second nature because my feet were always forward on the FloorBoard and I just pivoted on the ball of my foot to hit the brake with my heel. A very smooth, natural movement. Check it out and you too can........

Ride in comfort,

John
Seal FloorBoards

r1100rider
06-25-2012, 12:21 AM
I am thinking of getting some highway pegs/panels and would like to hear from anyone that has them on an RS. I am concerned about how well braking with the heel of the foot works, how long it took to become comfortable and is it confusing to switch back and forth?
I decided it wasn't safe to have highway pegs until I had a handbrake then I put them on

d.o.spyder-rts
06-25-2012, 12:37 AM
You could check with Fred Flinstone and he probably would have some imput. :joke: Dale

bone crusher
06-25-2012, 01:12 AM

I have highway pegs and have been known to brake at times with the heel. It's not that difficult provided you're not riding aggressively...which you can't when your feet are on the pegs anyway....

I think the handbrake is the best way to go...but I think it's like $1000.00 and that's pretty steep, IMHO...

Bob Denman
06-25-2012, 06:41 AM
You could check with Fred Flinstone and he probably would have some imput. :joke: Dale

:shocked: You're right; How could we forget about FRED?? :roflblack:

tobor9
06-25-2012, 07:48 AM
I love my Seal FloorBoards and us my heel for braking,it's great! With me I can't feel my feet,so I keep my heel against the brake and then just lift move back and down,very easy for me but every ones different .

tofriendscreek
06-25-2012, 08:31 AM
I love my Seal FloorBoards and us my heel for braking,it's great! ... I keep my heel against the brake and then just lift move back and down,very easy for me but every ones different .

I had Seals on my RS and would brake with my heal all the time. It was easy to "learn," reliable and comfortable. Good luck finding your best braking solution.