PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Spilling Out

xraypat
06-23-2012, 06:42 PM
My 2009 Spyder was sitting for about 5 weeks as I was waiting for my Russell Day Long to be built. After I put the seat on I
started the Spyder and was putting the tools away. It must have been running for about 5 minutes when I walked around
the left side I notice gas spilling from the left side panel :shocked: right above the foot peg. I quickly turn the ignition off and the
spillage stopped. I took off the side panels and looked around and I noticed that when I ran my finger along the edge of the tank
there seemed to be some gas along it. I started the engine and let it run again for a few minutes but it did not happen again.
It has been in the 90's for the past few days and the Spyder was in the driveway in the sun. The tank was not full (3 bars) and the lid was on tight I do not fill the tank to the top and I have had all the updates. Any ideas as what may have caused this? The dealer is about 30 miles away so I am not sure if I should attempt driving it there or should it be towed there.:dontknow: