PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate seat installed

MindlessMuse
06-23-2012, 05:49 PM
After debating having the dealership do it, I decided to give it a try. Again, there are some great post on here regarding seat removal. Come to think of it, I should have done pics during.

I did take it for a little ryde after and compared to the stock, it feels like I am more upright and a smidge closer, but it is definitely comfortable and holds me in there nicely cornering or acceleration.

Kevyn

2012 RS - White
Helibar Risers | SFB Black Anodized Front Floorboard Set |
Can Am Spyder Billet Brake Lever Cover Kit | R-35 Saddlebag Panel Kit
R-35 Rigid Saddlebag Kit | Sport / Touring Windshield

DynamoBT
06-23-2012, 05:55 PM
Which one did you get? The "Low Rider" or "Mid rider"?

spydaman60
06-23-2012, 05:57 PM
After debating having the dealership do it, I decided to give it a try. Again, there are some great post on here regarding seat removal. Come to think of it, I should have done pics during.

I did take it for a little ryde after and compared to the stock, it feels like I am more upright and a smidge closer, but it is definitely comfortable and holds me in there nicely cornering or acceleration.

Kevyn

2012 RS - White

mine is supposed to be coming on monday afternoon. how long did it take, and are there any helpful hints for doing it?:bowdown:

MindlessMuse
06-23-2012, 06:22 PM
I got the midrider seat. I think it took about 45 minutes or so. I did it in my apartment parking lot with my car next to me holding the other seat while I removed and bolted on pieces.

I followed the following thread for first part of removal:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?32845-How-to-EASILY-remove-the-Stock-Spyder-RS-seat-in-ten-minutes

The only thing I had any problems with was the latch. But after a quick adjustment, it went in properly.

2012 RS - White

daveinva
06-23-2012, 07:30 PM
Looks great! :thumbup:

I'm glad you didn't ask your dealer to install the seat, it would have been a needless waste of money. ANYONE can do the seat removal and install within minutes.

The big tips I have are these two:

1. Remember that the seat hinge comes off like a socket, i.e. you do NOT screw off the mounting plate to the seat, just the socket to the piston, pops right off.

2. Having a spare set of hands for a couple minutes to hold the new seat all the way back while you mount to the hinge at the back of the bike helps make this pain-free.

JaymeG33
06-23-2012, 08:50 PM
I have the same seat and love it! Very nice choice! Did you get white stitching or silver?

DocRags
06-23-2012, 09:19 PM
We got the Ultimate seat last October in Panama City...you will LOVE riding on it. Took a little getting used to but soooooo comfy!

spydaman60
06-24-2012, 06:02 PM
I have the same seat and love it! Very nice choice! Did you get white stitching or silver?

i got an orange embroidered spyder on it with the standard stitching.