PDA

View Full Version : LOW DECIBAL HORN ?

BLUEKNIGHT911
06-22-2012, 11:02 PM
Do you know why the horn on your G/S , R/S , R/SS isn't very loud. It's because #1. it's facing backward's and #2. the cone is almost flush up against a piece of plastic......Soooooooo while I had the upper left side panel off ( the one with the scoops ) I took the horn off ( one bolt) removed their bracket from the back of the horn and decided if I flipped the horn over ( bolt is now straight down ) and faced the cone towards the front it would be right at the lower scoop....I made a small 90 degree flat angle bracket ...drilled a hole for the orig.horn bolt....drilled a hole in the plastic piece that was blocking the horn originally and another hole in the lower part of the angle bracket bloted it together and tested it ....It sounds louder now.....This was not checked via a decibal meter just my ear......this all makes much more sense if you are looking at the horn while reading this....Sorry still can't do pictures......Mike.......I know I'm BAD......:opps:

pro10is
06-22-2012, 11:22 PM
Darn it Mike you have such great ideas but never any photos. How can someone as smart as you not know how to upload photos? I'll be happy to come over to your house and show you how. I'll even supply you with a camera and a card reader.

We want to see your great inventions! :yes:

r1100rider
06-22-2012, 11:37 PM
Do you know why the horn on your G/S , R/S , R/SS isn't very loud. It's because #1. it's facing backward's and #2. the cone is almost flush up against a piece of plastic......Soooooooo while I had the upper left side panel off ( the one with the scoops ) I took the horn off ( one bolt) removed their bracket from the back of the horn and decided if I flipped the horn over ( bolt is now straight down ) and faced the cone towards the front it would be right at the lower scoop....I made a small 90 degree flat angle bracket ...drilled a hole for the orig.horn bolt....drilled a hole in the plastic piece that was blocking the horn originally and another hole in the lower part of the angle bracket bloted it together and tested it ....It sounds louder now.....This was not checked via a decibal meter just my ear......this all makes much more sense if you are looking at the horn while reading this....Sorry still can't do pictures......Mike.......I know I'm BAD......:opps:Don't worry I haven't figured out pic either when I had the front panel over the shock on my rs I found enough room above the shock for a second horn the ones off most any older American car is about the same size as the one on the Spyder I added a relay (the relay has to switch the ground not the hot) the tone was a little differant than stock so the two together is louder

BLUEKNIGHT911
06-23-2012, 09:52 AM
To answer pro10is ( thanks for the compliment) and r1100rider......Yes I have a 1 1/2 yr old digital olympus camera and 3 yr old computer ( does not read cards however ) I just can't get the camera to download into the computer....all that happens is it recharges?????.......and r1100rider I actually bought a high decibal horn that I intended to put on the Spyder but never got around to it.....Now I am not going to bother.....The OEM horn is plenty loud, now that I reversed the direction of it.......PS this took about 1/2 hr to do....PPS if you do this do not squirt water directly up the scoop, I don't know how the horn is constructed internally but I would avoid the water thing ....Just put a small rag in when you wash it..Take a look it won't hurt...mike :thumbup:

BLUEKNIGHT911
06-23-2012, 03:10 PM
MR. ORANGE, I love the horn .....Oh and with the money I didn't spend I bought a tank of gas and went riding for the day ....:roflblack::roflblack: :2excited: :congrats: Mike.....:thumbup: