PDA

View Full Version : Travel Ideas?

JCSMOKE
06-22-2012, 03:17 PM
I am going to that beautiful den of thieves and hole of inequality known as Washington D.C. for the 4th of July!:yes: Taking the bike from Johnson Creek to Milwaukee and taking the Lake Express to Muskegon Michigan. Here is where the question starts, should I head east and travel through Canada to Buffalo New York or should I head south and stay in the USA? I plan on 400 miles a day, I hate sleeping after a long drive, I only relive it in my dreams making the trip way too long. so either way it is a two day trip.

JCSMOKE
07-01-2012, 08:06 PM
I went with my gut since nobody said anything to me. I now find myself in Burlington Ontario Canada at the waterfront hotel. Including the ride on the ferry to Michigan I have about 12 hours riding time after a crappy nights sleep in anticipation of the ride. There is some sort of festival going on here and fireworks out side my hotel window later tonight.
the plan is still not set for the next two days but I expect to pass through niagra falls in the am and be back in my native land where people mind there own business and are somewhat more surly, it seems they might be on to something up here in the great Canadia, smiling folks as far as the eye can see. You can't swing a cat in this crowd without everybody being hit apologizing to you.
Im thinking of doing some touring tomorrow of some up state new York areas and making my way to the big apple before nightfall. Tuesday will be a shot down to Baltimore and the inner harbor to see if my favorite gelato place is still there and then to D.C. for a few nights at a hotel named after a cracker. :D