PDA

View Full Version : Shop Manual

Utah Geezer
06-19-2012, 10:09 PM
Best place to get a good manual for repairs and understanding all the in's and out's of my RT Limited. I like hard copy but a disk is better than nothing. Looking for more than just an owners manual. Cost of having the dealer work on these puppies is terrible. Not afraid to tackle it myself with a little help from my friends.

d.o.spyder-rts
06-20-2012, 01:20 AM
I would try the dealer for the offical BRP shop manual. I'm not sure if they are available from any other source. I was informed by the local parts department the 2012 RT shop manual isn't available yet. According to them, it runs about $165. Dale

NorthStar
06-20-2012, 06:38 AM
Best place to get a good manual for repairs and understanding all the in's and out's of my RT Limited. I like hard copy but a disk is better than nothing. Looking for more than just an owners manual. Cost of having the dealer work on these puppies is terrible. Not afraid to tackle it myself with a little help from my friends.

Here is a link to an electronic version of the maintenance manual. http://www.ebay.ca/sch/i.html?_nkw=can%20am%20manuals&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=

Huntindawg1962
06-20-2012, 08:00 AM
search this forum - someone recently posted a link for an e version that was about $25

antd929
06-20-2012, 08:03 AM
The link was to green manuals.com all one word

Kinderhook
06-20-2012, 08:10 AM
I don't know if they are still available, but an Ebay vendor was selling download versions for $5. I just look up the pertinent pages to my project in the pdf file and print them out. Loose pages are easy to work with and when they get dirty, just throw them away. No expensive manual to soil.

DrewNJ
06-20-2012, 09:54 AM
I recently bought the greenmanuals version off of eBay for my RS and am happy with it. I think it was $25.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

flybuddy
06-20-2012, 11:21 AM
I got a real cheap one off ebay at first which was pretty bad. I then went for the $25 green manual and it's much better--very thorough.

cdavid
06-20-2012, 11:23 AM
Bought mine for my 2012 RT-S also from Greenmanuals on eBay. Pleased with the deal.

Utah Geezer
06-20-2012, 11:10 PM
Thanks to all for the info. Looks like I'm going with the Green Manual.

Crazemace
06-21-2012, 09:14 PM
:bowdown: GreenManuals...great seller! Immediately sends you a link to download the Manual while your CD ships.

Knarfoh
06-22-2012, 10:18 AM
I purchased off EBAY and haven't used it all except to read parts of it. Because it is PDF I can put it on my IPAD and read it there. I also downloaded the owner's manual from BPR's website and placed that on my IPAD.

From experience (I had the service manual for my previous motorcycle in a PDF file), if I felt the need for a hard copy, I opened the PDF file on my home computer and printed out just the pages I needed for whatever chore I was performing.

The reference manual with all the materials is HUGE. Electronically is the way to go, plus cheaper.

BlueLine
07-13-2012, 11:56 AM
I constantly read the posts and try to visualize what everyone is talking about. But since I've never seen most of the internal parts of the Spyder, and the general lack of photographs posted along with the posts, I'm generally lost. I really appreciate the link being posted to eBay and Green manuals for the 2012 RT/RTS. As soon as I saw this I knew I had to have one. Maybe at last some pic's then I'll be able to follow along with the great posts. One picture is worth..........:yes: