PDA

View Full Version : Good to be back..

5PYD3R
06-19-2012, 10:48 AM
well I am back from my NY trip. Ended up taking the car since we had some people join. Now that I am back home and ready to ride my spyder, I have to do an oil change and figure out what is going on with my brakes. I get a "Brake Failure" message and the light on the dash but I hit the brake and it goes away. I did a search and found that adding some DOT 4 fluid should solve it? Any other info that someone could share on my brake issue AND was also wondering if anyone else has issues with the clock on the spyder being fast. I set it to where it should be and after 3-4 weeks its like 15 min fast. Also did a quick search on that and couldn't find anything. Thanks!

ARtraveler
06-19-2012, 11:22 AM
I had the same thing going on with my RT-S this spring start up. I added DOT 4 to the full lines and have had no problem since.

Cant help you with the clock. Mine is usually off less than 5 minutes after the big winter sleep. I leave the battery tender on all the time though--for the winter sleep.

I don't use battery tender other times.

arntufun
06-19-2012, 01:51 PM
If the filling of brake fluid does not help............... I know you messed with the foot peg bracket to have it powder coated so maybe your micro switches on your brake pedal got funked up (put back on wrong or bent) with your inexperienced tech skills. :thumbup: I know..... I know....... Krylon. :roflblack:

But seriously, check those switches if the brake fluid did not help. :thumbup:

My clock goes fast sometimes as well.

5PYD3R
06-19-2012, 03:53 PM
If the filling of brake fluid does not help............... I know you messed with the foot peg bracket to have it powder coated so maybe your micro switches on your brake pedal got funked up (put back on wrong or bent) with your inexperienced tech skills. :thumbup: I know..... I know....... Krylon. :roflblack:

But seriously, check those switches if the brake fluid did not help. :thumbup:

My clock goes fast sometimes as well.

Thanks Randy. Just finished with my oil change and added some brake fluid. I did think about the foot pedal switch too, hope adding fluid cures it. The light and message was off when I started it but going out for a ride now to see for sure.

arntufun
06-19-2012, 04:49 PM
BTW......... While you were gone you might of missed this thread and I know you would have wanted to see it. :roflblack:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?40326-2012-Top-Dog&highlight=2012

5PYD3R
06-19-2012, 07:47 PM
BTW......... While you were gone you might of missed this thread and I know you would have wanted to see it. :roflblack:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?40326-2012-Top-Dog&highlight=2012

Thats awesome man!