PDA

View Full Version : Couple of questions...

MindlessMuse
06-18-2012, 04:16 PM
Greetings all!

I was curious to know some thoughts on how often or when you cover your Spyder? As a new owner, and apartment dweller, I think I have put the travel cover on each night after it cools down.

Also, I am noticing what I think is a little above normal heat on my left leg while riding. What have other owners done, if you have noticed this as well.

2012 RS

Thanks,

Kevyn

boborgera
06-18-2012, 04:30 PM
Greetings all!

I was curious to know some thoughts on how often or when you cover your Spyder? As a new owner, and apartment dweller, I think I have put the travel cover on each night after it cools down.

Also, I am noticing what I think is a little above normal heat on my left leg while riding. What have other owners done, if you have noticed this as well.

2012 RS

Thanks,

Kevyn

When i had my Spyder i never covered it, The most i did was to pull the safety card and let it hang over the instrument panel to shade it from the sun, But to be honest i don't live in an apartment, if i did i probably would cover it' can't hurt.:dontknow:

As far as the left side heat don't know, Now if you mean the right side Thats the nature of the beast.

LorneD
06-18-2012, 05:59 PM
I also cover mine every night. What I wonder is how long the stitching on the seat will last if it is exposed to rain?

Covering also stops kids and others from climbing and sitting on it. Covering doesn't take long with the design of the storage bag.

MindlessMuse
06-18-2012, 06:14 PM
I agree. The climbing on or what have is the biggest concern for me. I mean, even my friends ask before sitting.

Good to know I am not the only one.

Blue Star
06-18-2012, 06:29 PM
When I first got my Spyder I noticed what looked like signs of the kids getting on the bike, so I got a cover for it when done riding. At the time (different complex) I only had a covered spot without a storage space, so had to walk to my car to put/get the cover in/from the trunk. This got old real fast, so what I did was call all the kids together, and give them rides (with parents permission) around the parking lot. It was a small area, and I never got over 5 MPH. Then asked the kids to never get on the bike without me being present to help as the pipe might be hot, and I would not want them to get hurt. Told them that if I find out they were getting on without me being there the rides would stop. I did have some of the kids ask again for a ride and/or to sit on the bike, but that did not last long. Never had a problem after that other than one time when a new kid got on it, but my little army of eyeballs promptly told him to get off and came and got me. I gave the kid a ride, the same rules, and no more problems from him.

A couple things I learned while covering the Spyder was the cover does keep it cleaner, but if there is dirt can also scratch it. I have the indoor/outdoor cover, and you do not need to let the bike cool down to put on. The muffler area has special material to handle the hot muffler.

I have used the cover for about only 6 months, so if you do decide to get one make me an offer and I will sell you mine.