PDA

View Full Version : cb noise

justme
06-16-2012, 08:01 PM
Had dealer install cb on my '12 rt. I hear everyone fine, but when transmitting, others complain of engine noise. Dealer told me to put extra cushion on the mic.. did not help.. still engine noise. Any suggestions?

stevedfive
06-16-2012, 08:56 PM
I heard from one owner that his dealer added a ground strap from the CB Module to a ground and it helped with the noise. I haven't done that yet, but will soon. However, I did replace the BRP CB antenna with a J&M antenna and that helped some.

EZ Ed
06-16-2012, 09:27 PM
We have had the same problem especially at 4000 rpms or higher. Some things that helped. Set the CB squelch and mic volume at the lowest setting. Make sure the CB is set on "local" instead of distance. Our Spyder is in the shop now and the good folks from BRP Canada are involved in helping. We should get it back early next week and will report. We are on our second CB unit. When we used the above settings it brought it to almost acceptable

stevedfive
06-16-2012, 10:16 PM
That's great Ed! With BRPs help, they should have that figured out in no time. Looking forward to hearing from you.

justme
06-23-2012, 04:42 PM
After changing to 'local' and putting other settings lower, plus talking MUCH loader, other riders can now hear me, but still engine noise. Then I tried the VOX. It does not work. I can hear an echo and it sure sounds like it's transitting, but noone can hear me. I'm still waiting for the dealer to get back to me. frustrating at best. Any suggestions regarding the VOX

stevedfive
06-23-2012, 05:32 PM
Does your intercom work good? If so, then VOX is probably set ok. It sounds like you have a ground problem. Could be the antenna(s) ground straps or a bad ground connection at one of the main battery ground points.

EZ Ed
06-24-2012, 06:07 AM
Have the shop tighten all of the ground straps. When we were at Americade we spoke to the BRP rep and he worked with our NEW dealer to resolve the same problem you are having. On our 2011 Limited all of the grounding straps were loose. One was only finger tight. The staps that were loose where both antennas, the CB and one up front on the left side close to the motor. Can you say poor dealer setup?