PDA

View Full Version : Whats the latest on the Colorado Wildfires?

TicketBait
06-15-2012, 08:07 PM
Is this CO. or the NewMexico fires going to interrupt the festivities? Sure hope people are going to be safe, Looks unfortunate for people near Fort Collins. Wonder if the wind can change the situation?

Jeriatric
06-15-2012, 08:26 PM
Just heard they're expecting 50 MPH winds at the fire in Co. Have not checked prevailing wind maps, so not sure what impact it may have on Durango and surrounding area. It appears they're getting some unusual weather in both New Mexico and Colorado. Guess we'll find out for ourselves soon enough.

bruiser
06-15-2012, 09:01 PM
Ft. Collins is in the north central part of the state near the Wyoming boarder. Durango is in the southwest corner, a long way from Ft. Collins. The Little Bear fire in NM is in the southwest part of the state, again a looong way from Durango.

TicketBait
06-15-2012, 09:03 PM
Ft. Collins is in the north central part of the state near the Wyoming boarder. Durango is in the southwest corner, a long way from Ft. Collins. The Little Bear fire in NM is in the southwest part of the state, again a looong way from Durango.

sounds like for myself coming from the west I am ok, others be careful, and keep hydrated.

bruiser
06-15-2012, 09:32 PM
If my memory serves me at (my age?) it's about 400 miles from Ft. Collins to Durango. And somewhere around 600-700 miles between Durango and Ruidoso NM where the Little Bear fire is. From Durango to Albuquerque is about 200. But check for yourself, it's been many years since I've been out there and back then I usually didn't do much under 90mph. :yikes:

NancysToy
06-15-2012, 09:51 PM
Latest official status is here:

http://www.inciweb.org/

We are headed to Fort Collins tomorrow. It looks like the town is fine from the incident map, and none of the roads we need are closed right now.

TicketBait
06-15-2012, 10:46 PM
thanks Scotty, ride safe! see ya in Durango, oh and just to let you know "3rd Journey, Spyderfest " is pre- premiering tonight on spyderchannel.com:yes::2excited:

Bob Denman
06-16-2012, 12:52 PM
I hope that they can get some semblance of control over them...
That section of the Country could sure use a break!