PDA

View Full Version : What gives?

spyderraven
06-15-2012, 04:48 PM
I can corner this thing a lot faster than it will let me?

First... I am in love with this thing!! I have been riding for many years and always on two wheelers and I have not had this much fun in years I don't miss the harley for even a second.\
With that being said I am sure this is an old problem for you spyder vets but when I really try to corner it hard or even a little aggressive it will not let me apply power same goes for acceleration out of a corner. I am aware of the stability control but is there a way to "tune" it down or bypass it?

Thanks for your time

new Spyder lover!

Bob Denman
06-15-2012, 05:08 PM
Sorry... Nanny is there to keep us from having too much fun... and then getting bit on the butt for it! :shocked:
If you try keeping a bit more of your weight to the inside, and keep it there a bit longer as you apply power, you might be able to get away with a little more adrenaline surge before she wakes up and comes looking for you...

jvicker
06-15-2012, 07:53 PM
Advice from Seth & Butch.

Chin over knuckles :thumbup:

This thread may help.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?39768-Best-technique-for-taking-corners-fast-on-the-spyder&highlight=Chin

retread
06-15-2012, 08:31 PM
The smoother you ride, the less Nanny notices, body english works.

john

Arr MiHardies
06-15-2012, 09:07 PM
Chin over knuckles on an rt may be a bit of an exaggeration. For an RS it may be appropriate though.

NancysToy
06-15-2012, 09:54 PM
You need to straighten the bars a bit more before you hit full throttle. You'll learn to smooth out the corners and get faster...just a different technique needed to keep from waking Miss Nanny.

Smokinspyder
06-15-2012, 10:23 PM
glad to hear your enjoying your spyder !!! ... I hammer into corners when I need to ;P only thing that stinks is that nanny when your back tire breaks loose ;( . I dont know about the rest of you but she needs to take the weekend off