PDA

View Full Version : RS Stalling out

lifesaver4you
06-15-2012, 07:07 AM
My Spyder is almost 3 months old with almost 1000 miles on it. It has stalling out on me a couple times. After putting the parking brakes on I've been able to start it. The dealer say that it is known to happen and that I just need to break it in (3000 miles).

Any suggestion from anyone?

Dwanton
06-15-2012, 07:29 AM
I have over 1300 miles on mine and for the first time last night it stalled on me .

I was backing out of a parking spot , put her in first gear , started pulling away and it just died . I turned the key off and back on pushed the brake down and it started back up . No problems after that .

Prior to this happening
I was doing about 80mph for about 10 minutes to meet up with a fellow spyder rider and I didn't want to be late . Got into the parking lot , reversed in to park , waited about 2 minutes until he got there .

Then we left from there to go to a bike night , we rode about 80-90mph a few times , having fun and got to the meet . When I went to park , my spyder would not go into reverse . When I pushed it backwards and then back into first to pull forwards a little , then I tried reverse again and it worked . :dontknow:

lifesaver4you
06-15-2012, 05:59 PM
This has now happened to me twice. This last time was at a traffic, light turned green and it died. Had wave the cars to go around. Embarrassing and unsafe. Makes me not want to ride it. When sitting idle the RPM's are 1400. Today I rode and when I was sitting at traffic I would keep it at about 1600 RPM's with the brakes on (which cant be good either) The CanAm rep is aware of this problem but does not have a solution.

I have over 1300 miles on mine and for the first time last night it stalled on me .

I was backing out of a parking spot , put her in first gear , started pulling away and it just died . I turned the key off and back on pushed the brake down and it started back up . No problems after that .

Prior to this happening
I was doing about 80mph for about 10 minutes to meet up with a fellow spyder rider and I didn't want to be late . Got into the parking lot , reversed in to park , waited about 2 minutes until he got there .

Then we left from there to go to a bike night , we rode about 80-90mph a few times , having fun and got to the meet . When I went to park , my spyder would not go into reverse . When I pushed it backwards and then back into first to pull forwards a little , then I tried reverse again and it worked . :dontknow:

Dwanton
06-15-2012, 11:30 PM
Oh yea - extremely embarrassing :banghead:

One time I just bought a brand new cruiser and going to a light it just died , I coasted to the side , and was like - what the hell -- here I accidentally hit he kill switch , took me like 2 minutes to figure that one out . :p

Smokinspyder
06-16-2012, 09:18 PM
Mine stalls out on me once and a while ill give it a little gas and itll pop and stall . what a PITA but it starts right back up so were all good LOL . :banghead:

Kmort44
06-16-2012, 09:43 PM
Mine stalls out on me once and a while ill give it a little gas and itll pop and stall . what a PITA but it starts right back up so were all good LOL . :banghead:

I agree with this because mine did the same thing if I was idling at a stop light and revved it up, it might just stall or as I was taking off it would stall. By the way mine idles at 1350 to 1400 rpm's I've learned to let it just idle at a light and have had no problems. Happy Spydering!