PDA

View Full Version : Floorboard/Brake Pedal Question

TRQ
06-14-2012, 04:12 PM
I've had my 2012 RTS for 14 days now and the first two mods I'd like are floorboards and highway pegs. But, I have a question about the floorboards. When you press the brake pedal do you find you have sufficient room between the floorboards and the brake pedal to really lay on the brake if needed? Just today I had a cage driver with a phone stuck to her ear nearly run me down, and I had to really lay on the brake pedal. Boy, these things stop fast! :pray:

I'm a newbie, so I look forward to all the guidance I can get from the group. Thanks.

flybuddy
06-14-2012, 04:16 PM
I've got the inspector gadget floorboards. Plenty of pedal room, no issue.

http://www.spyderrt.info/web_images/pfloorboard_right_rev.jpg

Grandpa Spyder
06-14-2012, 04:17 PM
I have had to really get on the brakes many times and no problem.
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y145/CW_Tuggle/DSCF0003.jpg

TRQ
06-14-2012, 04:20 PM
Flybuddy, those are exactly the boards I was considering. I knew the picture looked as though there was a lot of room, but as we all know, pictures don't always tell the whole story. Thanks.

spyder3
06-14-2012, 04:20 PM
I think it could depend on the floorboards you buy. I have the same as the above with extended brake pedal with no issues. I'm sure mods can be made to fit all.

stevedfive
06-14-2012, 04:52 PM
If you buy the Seals, he includes riser/spacers to insure you have enough braking room and the InspectorGadget boards are shorter and spacers/risers are not needed. I have had both and they are both good.

Bob Denman
06-14-2012, 05:48 PM
My ISCI's and oversized brake pedal fit together like Beer & Bratwurst! :2thumbs:

TRQ
06-14-2012, 05:55 PM
Thanks folks for all of the info. I think my concerns are alleviated. I look forward to a lot of guidance on this site.

2manycars
06-14-2012, 10:53 PM
I had that concern with my seal boards, but they include longer bolts and a spacer to make the brake pedal higher. It was in for it's 600 mile service and the mechanic said there seemed to be no issue with stopping hard and fast if need be.

I live the seal boards. They add a myriad of foot positions on longer rides. I am heading to Boston tomorrow. (350) mikes or so, and I will know for sure about the comfort by Tuesday when I return. That is my feet taken care of, but my butt may be a different story.

Clicker1944
06-15-2012, 11:45 AM

Same with me. Very pleased!

ARtraveler
06-15-2012, 11:55 AM
Previous posters have you covrered. I have the seals and the extended brake pedal. With the longer brake pedal screws attached, there seems to be no problem with putting on the brake fully.

spyder3
06-15-2012, 12:01 PM
My ISCI's and oversized brake pedal fit together like Beer & Bratwurst! :2thumbs:

the penthouse boards :roflblack:

Bob Denman
06-15-2012, 01:32 PM
:shocked::hun: They might be just a bit more pricey, but the adjustability and positioning of them works just a bit better for me than some of the other offerings. But they're all good! :thumbup:
...Especially with that oversized brake pedal! :clap::bowdown::thumbup:

spyder3
06-15-2012, 02:13 PM
:shocked::hun: They might be just a bit more pricey, but the adjustability and positioning of them works just a bit better for me than some of the other offerings. But they're all good! :thumbup:
...Especially with that oversized brake pedal! :clap::bowdown::thumbup:

yes, exactly what i meant..cream of the crop IMO...passenger ones would look sweet to..:clap:

Bob Denman
06-15-2012, 02:18 PM
:agree: I'd like to match them with the passenger versions, but the Misus likes her rubber padding on the OEMs... :gaah:

scooterexpress
06-15-2012, 03:15 PM

:agree:

sealfloorboards
06-16-2012, 08:39 PM
I had that concern with my seal boards, but they include longer bolts and a spacer to make the brake pedal higher. It was in for it's 600 mile service and the mechanic said there seemed to be no issue with stopping hard and fast if need be.

I live the seal boards. They add a myriad of foot positions on longer rides. I am heading to Boston tomorrow. (350) mikes or so, and I will know for sure about the comfort by Tuesday when I return. That is my feet taken care of, but my butt may be a different story.

I have an Airhawk Seat cushion. With that and my Seals, my butt, hips,knees and feet are taken care of:yes::clap::yes:.

Ride in comfort,

John
Seal FloorBoards