PDA

View Full Version : unknown noise

obiwanbill
06-14-2012, 01:22 PM
Have a strange noise on 2008 SE5 when driving above 40 mph...sounds like a plastic bag trapped up front. Not constant. Flip, flap occasionally.

Stopped with the engine reving, the noise is not there...must be transmission or suspension, power steering??

Two different Spyder dealers have checked it out and find nothing wrong that could be making the noise. They specifically checked the brakes and wheel bearing...no luck.

Recall on power steering done in 2011.

anyone else had this flip flop noise? Help

NancysToy
06-14-2012, 07:50 PM
Are you sure it isn't the wind in/on your helmet? It sounds like that sometimes. Mine surprised me that way today, when a gust blew across sideways. Changing my windshield position made it disappear.

Bob Denman
06-15-2012, 07:12 AM
...Hadn't thought of THAT posibility!
Thanks Scotty for thinking outside of the box again! :firstplace:

obiwanbill
06-15-2012, 08:46 AM
Are you sure it isn't the wind in/on your helmet? It sounds like that sometimes. Mine surprised me that way today, when a gust blew across sideways. Changing my windshield position made it disappear.

Had same CanAm 25" shield for 2 years.

Don't wear helmet (Ohio)

Bob Denman
06-15-2012, 01:35 PM
Now this puts another wrinkle into it... :shocked:

Are you POSITIVE that nothing has blown into one of the front vents and has lodged in there? You might need to dig deep to check all of the cracks and corners...

(it's not your ears flapping in the breeze; right? :roflblack: :joke:)

coz
06-15-2012, 07:33 PM
maybe take a few panels off and ride it around, see if you can track it down that way. maybe something stuck up in a fender? plastic grocery bag ( ghetto tumbleweed).:popcorn:

jvicker
06-15-2012, 07:44 PM
Someone here had a ticking sound up front. Turned out, it was the cotter pin, where the lower A frame connects to the wheel, hitting the wheel weights. :dontknow: