PDA

View Full Version : Knowledgebase?

shelbydave
06-11-2012, 11:18 AM
Browsing through the Forum, I see there is a boat load of handy information here :thumbup: Would it be possible to set up some sort of knowledgebase section where helpful service, modification, etc... information could be stored? For Instance, I saw a post that contains the pinout information for the GPS connector, there's quite a few how-to's on installing / upgrading, but sometimes searching for these items prove to be difficult.
With a section dedicated to quick reference items (problems, recalls, fault codes for example), that may make finding stuff easier.
Rather than having just anybody able to update the knowledgebase, maybe a few knowledgeable folks can review items for accuracy, then move the post to that section.
I know this is extra work, and many times forum admins, and moderators already spend alot of time maintaining these boards. I would be willing to help out, of course my knowledge of Spyders currently is barely above ZERO, but I'd still be willing, and I do have a decent example of a working knowledgebase (from a car forum I frequent) that I can provide.

Just a thought... Thanks for all the work here!!!

ARtraveler
06-11-2012, 01:49 PM
The search mode is great for finding various subjects by key word. I have used that many times when looking for something special.

Arr MiHardies
06-11-2012, 05:09 PM
Search only works if you know exactly the name of the item/work you are looking for for. Otherwise it won't help much. It searches for what you say, not what you mean.

Pennyrick
06-11-2012, 06:56 PM
When all else fails send a PM to Nancy's Toy.

boomerkc
07-05-2012, 02:05 PM
If you go to www.midwestmanuals.com you can select the Service Manual for your Spyder. This manual includes all the Fault Codes w/ explanations. In fact, there may be too much information for most of us. Price is very reasonable and it is instantly downloadable upon purchasing.

vondalyn
07-06-2012, 02:30 PM
If you go to www.midwestmanuals.com (http://www.midwestmanuals.com) you can select the Service Manual for your Spyder. This manual includes all the Fault Codes w/ explanations. In fact, there may be too much information for most of us. Price is very reasonable and it is instantly downloadable upon purchasing.

did anyone find the 2012 manual available? The latest year I saw was 2010. Would this be applicable to a 2012 RT Limited?

-- I just answered myself -- there is a link to www.factoryworkshopmanuals.com from the midwestmanuals webpage.