PDA

View Full Version : A Long Shot But......

kentompkins
06-11-2012, 08:14 AM
We might go up to Augusta, NJ for their Bike Nightn on Thurs nights. Apparently, a goodly number of Spyders go there each week. If we could get up there we could meet other -- though distant -- NJ Spyder owners. The meet-up might encourage them to join up with us from time to time for rides.

It's a three hour run from my place. Basically, go up Rt. 206.

There are, of course, concerns: Riding 206 at 5PM, leaving there at 10PM for a 3 hour ride home, ride up is nice above Trenton but not so nice below. Still, I bet we'd have a great time.

This is something to add to our list of possibilities. So far, as I remember our chat we thought about a Covered Bridge ride, Bike night at Chickie's and Pete's and a ride in either Delaware or Maryland (Joe might suggest some possibilities).

So, think about it. Most of you probably can't get off work for Augusta though if we left at 5PM we'd be there by 8PM.

Just making suggestions here to keep things going.

kt

spyder3
06-11-2012, 08:27 AM
when is that ken?:dontknow:

edit: Oh, your talking about the chatterbox on thursday nights? did it once last year on the way back form water gap...

DrewNJ
06-12-2012, 08:25 PM
Sorry Ken, short notice and work kills it for me....
Have a good ride though!
Doug

spydaman60
06-14-2012, 07:25 PM
hey guys,
i didn't make it to bike night tonight due to other committments, but usually the bulk of the bikes are there from about 6:00pm to 8:00pm. most start trickling out around 8.(maybe even a little before due to the amount of deer we have on the roads up here) it's an awful long ride for you guys to get up here and conversly the same for us to join you guys down there, but i think it would be great if someone has any idea about meeting up on a saturday (early) for breakfast around clinton nj (half way between us), and doing a trip over the bridge into pa. and around the delaware river and maybe back through hope and lambertville. there's a couple of cool wineries out in pa. (sand castle and one other i forget the name of) i would be up for talking with one of you from down south and making this happen. anybody up for it?
chuck cell phone (201)602-0141:2thumbs:

Boriken
06-15-2012, 06:01 PM
hey guys,
i didn't make it to bike night tonight due to other committments, but usually the bulk of the bikes are there from about 6:00pm to 8:00pm. most start trickling out around 8.(maybe even a little before due to the amount of deer we have on the roads up here) it's an awful long ride for you guys to get up here and conversly the same for us to join you guys down there, but i think it would be great if someone has any idea about meeting up on a saturday (early) for breakfast around clinton nj (half way between us), and doing a trip over the bridge into pa. and around the delaware river and maybe back through hope and lambertville. there's a couple of cool wineries out in pa. (sand castle and one other i forget the name of) i would be up for talking with one of you from down south and making this happen. anybody up for it?
chuck cell phone (201)602-0141:2thumbs:

Sounds great, you can count me in for this one. Just say when.