PDA

View Full Version : REPLACING FACTORY SEAT

Chazzman
06-10-2012, 02:53 PM
I have a used Corbin that is off a 2010 RT, I assume there is no difference on my 2012 Limited. What is the removal procedures on the factory seat and what is the wiring going into the factory seat on the Limited?

FrankPa
06-11-2012, 06:14 PM
I just did it on mine (see "My Mods" topic) and I downloaded a seat removal .pdf from one of the aftermarket seat sites.

Tip: It was very straightforward but BE SURE to stuff a towel in the hold by the rear hinges. It is absolutely ready to eat the nut and the tubular washer from the rear hinges.

HICKORY
06-12-2012, 05:03 AM
Instead of a towl to block the holes that eat dropped screws I used painters tape which will stay in place -no worries.

Bob Denman
06-12-2012, 06:59 AM
He's got wiring in his seat? Another "Ultra Premium Limited" with the passenger eject feature!
Do you think his Wife knows about it?? :yikes:

cdavid
06-12-2012, 08:13 AM
He's got wiring in his seat? Another "Ultra Premium Limited" with the passenger eject feature!
Do you think his Wife knows about it?? :yikes:

:roflblack: I'll be sure to show my wife the sensor under the seat of the RTS and describe it's true use!!

Huntindawg1962
06-12-2012, 09:25 AM
SO what do you do with that wire on the new Ultimate seat? Is there the same item on the new ultimate seat to accept the wire? I am thinking of getting a new Ultimate seat set up.

spyder3
06-12-2012, 02:45 PM
Oh sorry I didn't realize it was an Ultra Premium Limited, ​those don't have a limp mode, only a jolt to the gonads through those wires if the DPS or throttle bodies throw a code.

Is there any way of making that happen? :roflblack:

can-am sam
06-14-2012, 02:29 PM
Look on Corbins web site under the Spyder RT section and there is instructions on installing the Corbin seat.

Bob Denman
06-14-2012, 02:36 PM
The only way I know is to pony up 285 grand for the Ultra Premium Limited (available from select dealers).
The UPL features the aforementioned Limpless Mode and an ignition key that can be strung on a standard key fob (not included).

:shocked: Darn! I thought that I was getting close to finishing all of the upgrades to My "mere A&C model"... :gaah:

I guess that I'll start with the key fob... :thumbup: