PDA

View Full Version : Additional Fuse Panel

Littlebadwolf
06-08-2012, 03:13 PM
Looks like I've maxed out everything available with the stock configuration...Anybody have a recommendation for an additional fuse panel to accomodate everything I've added or will be adding?...This is on my 09 RS...Thanks

Kmort44
06-08-2012, 04:12 PM
I can tell you from experience that this one works great, you get 6 circuits and they can be switched or unswitched from the Spyder's key. Very easy to install. Installation requires, 1 hot wire (red + postive) from the battery, 1 switched hot wire from a accessory circuit (there is a harness in the RS that is switched from the key for a accessory 12 volt outlet in the frunk that can be used as your trigger hot wire) and a ground wire. Its a small form factor project box that accepts the circuits individual fuses that you provide, up to 30 amps. (that is the total current draw of the unit not what the total fuse amperage has to total) anyways check it out I love mine and it fits behind your speedo console. Here's there website

www.FUZEBLOCKS.com (http://www.FUZEBLOCKS.com)

Hope this helps just paying it forward;)

BLUEKNIGHT911
06-08-2012, 04:22 PM
OR you can try summitracing.com, I bought an add-on 6 fuse for 11.00 ? , fits under the seat on my 08 G/S, R/S......I don't think it's submersible but if your Spyder is under water I don't think your main concern is gonna be wet fuses.....:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:....... .Mike.....check them out it may be what you need for a whole lot less.???.....Part # H84960111, they also have 4,6, 7 etc. they are listed as splash-proof

wyliec
06-08-2012, 04:23 PM
http://www.easternbeaver.com/main/products/fuseboxes/pc-8/pc-8.html

I have this one as others on here do.

Kmort44
06-08-2012, 04:33 PM
http://www.easternbeaver.com/main/products/fuseboxes/pc-8/pc-8.html

I have this one as others on here do.

Not sure about this 'paying it forward' thing. Is that like when you give away an almost new set of cortech saddle bags and then a year later you find them for sale here for more than the original price??:dontknow:

I don't understand your reply? I was just giving the user an option and your reply has attitude attached. The Easterm Beaver fuse block is a good unit also, I just believe with the on-board relay wiring is a bit easier. Ligthen up!

coz
06-08-2012, 04:35 PM
+1 fz1,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, i would look at blueknight 911's recomendation too. he always finds a dirt cheap way to get it done. :thumbup: i like that.
wyliec,,,,,,,,, if somebody did that on the pay it forward thread, you should call them out on it. that is total bull s##t. completely flies in the face of the spirit of the thread.

wyliec
06-08-2012, 04:37 PM
I don't understand your reply? I was just giving the user an option and your reply has attitude attached. The Easterm Beaver fuse block is a good unit also, I just believe with the on-board relay wiring is a bit easier. Ligthen up!

Kmort44,

It wasn't directed at you. It was directed at the member who actually did it. You just happened to remind me of the paying it forward thread and what happened. It's been deleted.

I also apologize to you for piggybacking your thread.

Littlebadwolf
06-08-2012, 04:59 PM
I'm being to agree..Blueknight's a shrew.......:).......Works to our advantage...He finds something cvheaper, better, etc.....we have the advantage...But seriously...thanks all for the recommendations...knew they'd be here....

BLUEKNIGHT911
06-08-2012, 10:46 PM
I hope you meant "SHREWD", because that I am.....and I have been called " a pain in the a** " on occasion,.....but never been called a " shrew " :gaah: :yikes: :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:.....M ike........and thanks for the compliments I'm blushing.....:opps:

Arr MiHardies
06-08-2012, 11:40 PM
Reggy at TricLED carries the fz1 fuze block. works teriffic. I placed mine under the blank panel on the left side of my Spyder under the hood