PDA

View Full Version : Impressive tire protection

Sny
06-06-2012, 11:00 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GScWPb8qcng
Impressive video.

I'm curious if Ride-On has a similar demonstration of the puncture protection, anyone have a link? There's some obvious advantages to Ride-On if it can match the puncture protection of Rhinotire (which is a lot more complicated to install).

Sarge707
06-06-2012, 11:11 AM
Impressive!:yikes:

ARtraveler
06-06-2012, 11:17 AM
Well, that was different.

scooterexpress
06-06-2012, 11:30 AM
i called these guys the machine that sprays the tires with this application is broken and out for repair he stated it will be about a month before there back in bussiness. i asked how much to do all 3 tires on the can-am spyder his quote was 100.00,ok with that said i asked do i send the tires to you or how does this work he stated that they can buy the tires from the vendor direct and then ship them out to you after this app has been applied or you can ship the tires you want done to them. so check back after a month proably after the 4th july would be a good time to call.

Lamonster
06-06-2012, 11:41 AM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?19153-Ride-On-for-your-Spyder

fastfraser
06-06-2012, 12:56 PM
Looks interesting. I'm sticking with Ride-On .:thumbup: Site sponsor at a fraction of the cost and you never know when someone is going to put a 9mm in your tire!!:roflblack:

harrypottar
06-06-2012, 01:27 PM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?19153-Ride-On-for-your-Spyder

Is the ride on stuff easy to apply, is it like slim and just attached to the valve and pump or do you have to take the tire off.

There is a ride on dealer place about 15 miles from me, is it better to have them install the stuff

tia

harry

bone crusher
06-06-2012, 02:07 PM
Is the ride on stuff easy to apply, is it like slim and just attached to the valve and pump or do you have to take the tire off.

There is a ride on dealer place about 15 miles from me, is it better to have them install the stuff

tia

harry

You can do it...they send you the piece to take the valve off...you can call them and they will help you through the process...they are a great company with a great product...highly recommended...don't forget to tell them Lamonster sent you....10% off...you want the car product, not the motorcycle one. Be careful NOT to put in too much...go with the recommended amounts. Call to order and talk with them. George Burns is great and very helpful...he knows all about the Spyders and the Ride-on....

scooterexpress
06-06-2012, 02:44 PM
i guess it would be easrier to buy the 5 gal bucket type so you measure the righrt amount of ride-on that needs to be put in i see they only sell 16oz bottles so if the bottle isnt marked off in ozs i'm not sure i will know when i got 13oz in and 19 ozs in rear. oh i just had a thought what if i squeeze out 3 oz out of one bottle and then on the second bottle i'll know how much to put into rear tire the first 3oz then another whole bottle so i'll be wasting is 3oz total. brain fart:banghead:..:roflblack:

Kinderhook
06-06-2012, 03:14 PM
If you go to the Ride On sight they have a similar demo with a bike running over spikes. The issue with both is the speed; many times the tire is torn at higher velocity requiring a plug or in worst case, replacement.

Sny
06-06-2012, 03:31 PM
I thought they had similar videos ;)

Another advantage of RideOn is the balancing.

One thing I don't like about Rhinotire is that they claim you don't need to replace the tire after a puncture. I think that's bad advice. It's one thing to get you home, it's another to suggest that a tire would be safe to continue to use for it's normal life.

On that note, the parent company is mostly interested in selling the equipment to install the material, leaving the customer service in the hands of whoever resells it for them.

NancysToy
06-06-2012, 04:17 PM
i guess it would be easrier to buy the 5 gal bucket type so you measure the righrt amount of ride-on that needs to be put in i see they only sell 16oz bottles so if the bottle isnt marked off in ozs i'm not sure i will know when i got 13oz in and 19 ozs in rear. oh i just had a thought what if i squeeze out 3 oz out of one bottle and then on the second bottle i'll know how much to put into rear tire the first 3oz then another whole bottle so i'll be wasting is 3oz total. brain fart:banghead:..:roflblack:

The bottles are marked in ounces. The only trouble I have had is that they seldom seem to contain the full 16 ounces they are supposed to. I have had them have as little as 13.

Hokiev
06-06-2012, 07:00 PM
Also when installing the Ride-On, it helps if you put the bottle in a bucket of warm water prior to installing. It flows much easier into the tire.