PDA

View Full Version : NEW ORLEANS POWERSPORTS – STAY AWAY!

lyonsden
06-06-2012, 10:24 AM
Listen to this. This is a great way to do business. I found a 2011RT-622 trailer at New Orleans Powersports online. It was on Cycletrader and New Orleans Powersports website. It was advertised that it included the hitch andwiring harness for $2999.00. Trailer Stock number was t1192. I thought well that is a good deal. I called and talked to Raymond Mercier a salesman. I inquired for sure that the hitch and wiring came with the trailer. He said yes. I was instructed to go online and fill out the credit app. I did this and I included the stock number on the credit app and then I was called by the Finance manager Kaleb Copeland. He said my credit app was approved. Then I received a call from Raymond saying that the hitch and wiring they were talking about is the trailer tongue and wiring on the trailer, not a hitch. Then they told me that they couldn’t mail the finance papers that they had to be signed in person. I said well I can come up with the money here and buy it outright from them.

So I said this hitch is what I’m concerned about now. The ad stated “Trailer hitch kit and control module included”. I talked to Raymond again today and he said they were not going to include the hitch that it was a mistake and they had changed the website. I looked and they did edit the site. I asked to talk to the manager and he connected me with Scott Singer the Sales Manager. He said that for $2600 they could not include the hitch. I said where are you seeing $2600? He said that is what the 2010 trailer we have on our floor is priced and that it had a big scratch down the side. I told him I was talking about the 2011 on their site Stock number t1192. He said they didn’t have a 2011 they were all sold in February. I said then why have they been dealing with me on this and it is still listed on your site for sale. He said let me check on something and he never came back to the phone. Raymond came back and he said the Sales Manager Scott would not come back to the phone and there was nothing he could do.

Is this rediculous or what? SPREAD THE WORD – STAY AWAY FROM NEW ORLEANS POWERSPORTS! :banghead::banghead:

There, now I feel a little better.

zrc
06-06-2012, 10:30 AM
Fax them a copy of your bottom with 2600 written on it, and give them your address to send the broke / scratched trailer too.

Bob Denman
06-06-2012, 10:34 AM
:yikes: :2thumbs:
Tito,
Do you ever get invited to parties??? http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_1_72.gif I want to be there at one of them! :thumbup:

lyonsden
06-06-2012, 10:36 AM
Fax them a copy of your bottom with 2600 written on it, and give them your address to send the broke / scratched trailer too.
But I wasn't even dealing on that trailer. The 2011 they advertised was $2999.

zrc
06-06-2012, 10:42 AM
Tell them you will take the scratched one off their hands for the low low price of an insurance claim on their part for theft. Have em call Bob and set it up.

And Bob, I am the party, it follows me around, drinks, ladies and bikes. I plan on making a "I wanna meet Bob" ride sometimes since your chained to your desk ;)

Oh and if you can beat my insurances (home / auto / bike), I would more than happily switch to you, the hot lady I been working with on mine got hitched, so I would prefer the devil I know ;)

ARtraveler
06-06-2012, 10:43 AM
Be glad you did not drive down there to pick up your new trailer. They have bait and switch going on but could not even get that part of it right.

Pennyrick
06-06-2012, 01:18 PM
If something sounds too good to be true... it usually is.

You didn't actually think you were going to get the trailer, all the wiring and the hitch for the Spyder for less than three grand?

lyonsden
06-06-2012, 01:59 PM
If something sounds too good to be true... it usually is.

You didn't actually think you were going to get the trailer, all the wiring and the hitch for the Spyder for less than three grand?
Honestly I figured the hitch part was an error but most places if they make a mistake will try and make it right with you. If they would have said we can't give you the hitch but we will sell it to you for cost, that would have been OK. But I didn't think after all I went through that they would say they don't even have the trailer I was dealing for. And then the manager would not even come back to the phone. :lecturef_smilie: