PDA

View Full Version : Done - route to Durango

ruthie
06-05-2012, 10:13 PM
Finished planning our route to Durango out tonight. Got to remember time fly's faster without wishing it to go faster. Looking forward to meeting Spyderlovers folks.

flamingobabe
06-05-2012, 10:19 PM
looking forward to meeting you....ride safe...have fun

we have no real plans...figure it out as we go...leaving Friday for a over night in Kerrville...then who knows....

dancogan
06-06-2012, 06:15 AM
So, how far and how many nights for you to get to Durango? Going direct or making any stops along the way?

We're going straight to Durango but plan on spending another week or more in CO.

NancysToy
06-06-2012, 07:07 AM
We have had our plan for the trip to Durango for quite a while, but we are still struggling with the trip home. It's a darned shame you have to cross so much prairie to go from Michigan to Colorado...and vice versa. :roflblack:

dancogan
06-06-2012, 09:43 AM
... It's a darned shame you have to cross so much prairie to go from Michigan to Colorado...and vice versa. :roflblack:

:lecturef_smilie: Careful there, my friend. That's my wife's home state you're dissing!

GO CORNHUSKERS!!!

NancysToy
06-06-2012, 09:54 AM
:lecturef_smilie: Careful there, my friend. That's my wife's home state you're dissing!

GO CORNHUSKERS!!!
It matters not if it is the prairies of Illinois, Iowa, Nebraska, or Kansas (or many others) from a traveling standpoint. You just get tired of corn and wheat after a while. :roflblack: By the way, who names their teams after farm laborers? I suppose we need to root for the Applepickers of Michigan...LOL.

DocRags
06-06-2012, 09:55 AM
We are pretty much in the same boat as Nancy's Toy...trip TO Durango is planned out but trip HOME is another story. We'll be going to Colorado Springs after Durango, then slowly make our way out to Spyders in the Redwoods. Don't have a clue where we are going after that. Should be interesting, in any event. Had a nice ride along OK Route 66 yesterday (LOTS of weird sights!) Met Chris and Diana Biggs last night for a short ride and a great BBQ dinner in OKC. See you guys in Durango!

NancysToy
06-06-2012, 09:58 AM
We are pretty much in the same boat as Nancy's Toy...trip TO Durango is planned out but trip HOME is another story. We'll be going to Colorado Springs after Durango, then slowly make our way out to Spyders in the Redwoods. Don't have a clue where we are going after that. Should be interesting, in any event. Had a nice ride along OK Route 66 yesterday (LOTS of weird sights!) Met Chris and Diana Biggs last night for a short ride and a great BBQ dinner in OKC. See you guys in Durango!
We are headed (indirectly) to the Pikes Peak area after Durango, too. Maybe we'll see you there, too. Looking forward to seeing you guys in Durango.

SpyderAnn01
06-06-2012, 11:48 AM
My route is also planned but for me it is just a short trip. I'm riding to my friends near St. George, UT on Monday evening so we can leave bright and early Tuesday morning. Our route will take us through Zion National Park, Kanab, UT, Kayenta, AZ, Four Corners Monument and into Colorado. A short ride that will be long on beauty! I can't wait. :yes:

Sonrisa
06-07-2012, 02:22 PM
Ruthie, When are you planning on leaving? I am from Florida, but am going to be in Hattiesburg, MS for a couple of days. I plan on leaving there on Wednesday and leisurely arriving in Albuquerque on Sunday. My wife is flying in on Sunday so we can spend a day or two there before heading to Durango. We have reservations at the Ramada where I think alot of folks will be staying. If you would like I could meet you in Jackson,MS on Wednesday and ride together from there. Just a thought. If interested, let me know.
George Smith(SONRISA-smile)
941 276 2178

ruthie
06-07-2012, 05:45 PM
Ruthie, When are you planning on leaving? I am from Florida, but am going to be in Hattiesburg, MS for a couple of days. I plan on leaving there on Wednesday and leisurely arriving in Albuquerque on Sunday. My wife is flying in on Sunday so we can spend a day or two there before heading to Durango. We have reservations at the Ramada where I think alot of folks will be staying. If you would like I could meet you in Jackson,MS on Wednesday and ride together from there. Just a thought. If interested, let me know.
George Smith(SONRISA-smile)
941 276 2178

George, We leaving on the Thursday 6/14 to Dillard, GA to attend a Gold Wing Road Riders Assoc. rally. From there , on the 16th, heading to Memphis for the night with my sister. Sunday the 17th heading west. Plans now I40 to just west of Amirallo, Txis then to Raton, Cimarroon, Taos, Pagosa Springs and then Durango. We have reservation at the Comfort Inn and Suites in Durango. Look for us it will be a blue Spyder followed by a Candy Orange Gold Wing or the other way around.

After the event we will be traveling where every the roads take us. It will be the first time that don't have to be back for work so going to take advantage of this.

Does anyone else have reservation at the Comfort Inn and Suites?