PDA

View Full Version : Rain Suit Experience

FrankPa
06-05-2012, 02:17 PM
My daughter wants to buy me a rainsuit for Fathers' Day and this is one she thought I might like. Looks pretty nice and they have a multitude of sizes.

My Question: Does anyone have any experience with this suit of even this brand?

Thank you, as always!

Men's 2 Piece Black and Red Motorcycle Rainsuit With Boot Strap by Xelement

Made of 100% Oxford Nylon
Lightweight and water-resistant
Reflective piping on chest, arms, back and legs
Breathable mesh lining on jacket only
Front zipper closure
Tape Seal: front zipper flap with velcro closure: waterproof barrier to keep wind and water out
Hidden neck hoodie with velcro closure
Inner Lower Pant Leg Heat Protection
Elastic waist and side waist velcro straps
Elastic wrists
Left front leg pocket (Perfect for a cell phone, keys and wallets)
Sized to be worn over motorcycle riding apparel.
Zippered ankles with inner webbing
Elastic boot straps for a stable fit

mooneych
06-05-2012, 02:49 PM
I have a couple of 2-piece rainsuits, 1 Nelson-Rigg and 1 Frogg Toggs. Both work well, but there is always a litttle leakage if you get caught in a frog-drowner. I saw a 1 piece Tourmaster last weekend, and thought it might do better. BTW, it was $109. :doorag:

Texmac1011
06-05-2012, 02:51 PM
I've bought their chaps and have no complaints. As for rain gear, I have Frog Toggs, but think most gear will work just fine as long as it breathes.

Bob Denman
06-05-2012, 02:55 PM
"Each to their own notion.", said the old woman as she kissed the cow...http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/1/1_4_39v.gif
I prefer a one-piece suit just for the reason that mooneych mentioned. In fact I've even got a TourMaster one-piece and it's been flawless in doing its job of keeping me separated from all of the rain... :thumbup:

NorthStar
06-05-2012, 03:04 PM
Frank, I strongly recommend that you do not consider purchasing a rain suit that is labelled "water resistant". Unless it specifically claims to be 100% waterproof I would stay away from it like the plague. There are plenty of waterproof suits out there and there are just as many opinions about which suit works best for people. I ride with Road Toadz (Frogg Toggs) and have had reasonable success in staying dry. Others will certainly chime in with their favorites.

BajaRon
06-05-2012, 03:23 PM
There is a lot of rain gear out there from really cheap, trash bags with arms to very expensive. If it does not say 'Water Proof' then I would not bother with it as mentioned before.

This is the one I like. I have not tried this brand new offereing but I do have the Rainman which it replaced. The Sierra is supposed to be a better product and I really like my Rainman. Here is a video of the all new Sierra rain Jacket & Pants.

This set is in stock and costs $179 delivered. Retail = $220.00.

I really like the 2 piece because it is easier to get into and out of. I put the pants on if it looks like any possibility of rain and then throw the jacket on in a jiffy if i KNOW I'm going to get wet. Everyone has their own way of doing things, this is just mine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYNi3mTCU5Q

One last note. The Sierra model used to be one step below the Rainman. Not a bad suit but not nearly the same quality or features that the current model has. There are some vendors that still have some of the discontinued Sierra gear at great pricing. Just be aware that you aren't getting the same product.

Littlebadwolf
06-05-2012, 03:23 PM
One piece has always proven better for me and definitely avoid the water resistant which leaves a whole lot to be desired...Pay the extra money and get something that indicates it's waterproof.

FrankPa
06-05-2012, 05:18 PM
and I had been looking at the various Frogg Toggs at my local Bass Pro...

Thanks again, everyone! What a forum...

mastertek2000
06-06-2012, 05:23 AM
got this one for i and the wife compact easy to put on and off works great

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/revit-pacific-h2o-rain-suit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=7MVGqF9x3Hc

REV'IT! Pacific H2O Rain Suit
In developing the PACIFIC H20 rain suit, one of the main goals was to make it easy to put on in just a few seconds – about the time it takes you to get soaked during a heavy shower. Mission accomplished. The solution lies not only in the long, diagonal front closure, but especially in the newly developed, non-stick, PVC-free coating on the inside of the Power Nylon outer shell. The result is a 100% waterproof, breathable, and very practical all-weather companion that will meet the demands of any rider. Convenient features include a storage pocket on the upper leg. For safety, reflection panels on the shoulders and lower legs ensure great visibility. If you need to stand out in traffic even more, the PACIFIC H2O comes in a high-visibility neon yellow option.
PROTECTION FEATURES

Outer shell: PVC-free PWR|Oxford with PU coating, PVC-free PWR|Oxford EN471 with PU coating (in Neon Yellow color only)
Waterproofing: 100% waterproof
Composition: 100% polyester (100% polyurethane coating)
Visibility: reflection at shoulders and legs, reflective logo at chest and back

ERGONOMIC FEATURES

Fit: tour fit, regular
Adjustability: adjustment tabs at upper arm, cuffs and ankles

Features:

PVC-free
XL front zipper
Elastic at waistline
Includes transport bag
Stash pocket on left leg
EN343 certified

JCSMOKE
06-06-2012, 06:13 AM
Keep all your clothes dry, save the money, ride nekid!

Bob Denman
06-06-2012, 06:28 AM
:shocked: My Eyes!! :shocked: :roflblack::roflblack: