PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday the 12th

8LEGS
06-05-2012, 02:17 PM
I'm planning a lunch run down to the Indy area on Tuesday the 12th to meet up with Trickie Dick and retread. There hasn't been a time or place yet decided, but anyone is welcome to join up and ride.

Also, if anyone has any ideas where we could get a good - non fast food - lunch I'm up for ideas.

Let me know if you're interested in going and we'll plan a meetup for a ride in together.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

8LEGS
06-05-2012, 02:38 PM
Looks like we're meeting around 10:30 - 11 and going to flip a coin as to where we're eating. Anyone wanting to ride down with me we can meet wherever it is convenient for you.

8LEGS
06-05-2012, 05:40 PM
If it's storming on Tuesday, we could always do it on Wednesday. I'm free both days.

So far going:

Myself
Motor Jim
Trickie Dick
Retread

Waiting to hear from the others

Trickie Dick
06-05-2012, 07:44 PM
BBQ ok. Or I can think of a good burger joint. Not a chain. Open for suggestions.....
Looking forward to seeing everybody.
Come on kmort, I want to show you my new windshield:roflblack:

8LEGS
06-06-2012, 06:00 AM
Motor Jim and Dick574 will be riding down with me. Where should we meet up with you Dick? Wondering if we should take US31 or 29/421 ............. Either would be a good ride.

effgjamis
06-06-2012, 07:22 AM
We are on the way. You Wanna Wait?

Nah,,, didn't think so.....

See you all in Durango.

Have a great ride.

Trickie Dick
06-06-2012, 07:34 AM

See you all in Durango.

Have a great ride.

Aw come on, it'a just 500 miles out of your way. :bbq:
Have a safe trip....:clap:

dick574
06-06-2012, 08:10 AM
Motor Jim and Dick574 will be riding down with me. Where should we meet up with you Dick? Wondering if we should take US31 or 29/421 ............. Either would be a good ride.

How about the truck stop at 24 & 31, 10:00 or 10:30
Let me know for sure.
The burger place sounds good.

Dick

Trickie Dick
06-06-2012, 08:03 PM

Either is fine. 421 is no traffic and easy to my house. 31 has traffic and also easy to my house. Traffic shouldn't be bad on Tuesday morning. Either way, let's meet at my house and go on over.

How about the truck stop at 24 & 31, 10:00 or 10:30
Let me know for sure.
The burger place sounds good.

Dick
It's my understanding that we are meeting here in Indy at 10:30ish and then going to lunch. retread is planning on being at the BBQ place around 11:00. If we don't want BBQ, then we can go from there.

8LEGS
06-06-2012, 09:36 PM
we'll show up at your house Dick before 10:30am.

Dick574 and Motor Jim, how about meeting at the truck stop 8:30 or 9? Gives us a little time for whatever may slow us down.

BBQ sounds good!

8LEGS
06-06-2012, 09:37 PM

See you all in Durango.

Have a great ride.

:-( I won't be going to the owners event.

dick574
06-06-2012, 10:04 PM
8:30 on Tues. is locked in at the truck stop.
Rain or shine?
Sorry about Durango, was looking forward to seeing you there.

Dick

Trickie Dick
06-07-2012, 06:15 AM
You want something different I would highly recommend Rathskeller in Indy. My brother and I always hit this place during the Moto GP weekend.

http://www.rathskeller.com/facility-info

It is a good place to eat. :thumbup: I just prefer not to go downtown unless I have to.:spyder:

NewRider
06-07-2012, 02:12 PM
Well, fudge...after Action Motorsports went toes up, a dealer in Peru took the dealership. But, I think that firm was sold, thus now under new ownership. He's not listed on the so-called "updated" dealers list for Indiana. Can anyone enlighten me?

P.S. Spyder still with IFCU, unsold. With this rotten economy, starting to wonder if it's gonna come back to me...:ohyea:

8LEGS
06-07-2012, 11:14 PM
http://www.maximumpower-sports.com/

Kmort44
06-08-2012, 04:45 PM
BBQ ok. Or I can think of a good burger joint. Not a chain. Open for suggestions.....
Looking forward to seeing everybody.
Come on kmort, I want to show you my new windshield:roflblack:

Here's the thing.....I have a j o b:duh:

I would like to go so I'll see what I can do, can't promise anything.

what kind of windshield did you get and....do you like it?

Ryde on.

dick574
06-08-2012, 04:52 PM
I've just had a change of plans. Got a "Check Engine" warning light yesterday. Took it to dealer today.
New throttle body should be at dealers on Tues. Hope to get bike back by Thur., it least in time for Durango.
Sorry I can't ride with group to Indy.

8LEGS
06-08-2012, 05:37 PM
Looks like a good chance of storms Tuesday :-( ...... If it's raining, I think we would have a better time doing it another day. Maybe Wednesday? I don't mind riding in the rain, but a sunny day is much more enjoyable.

Trickie Dick
06-08-2012, 08:00 PM
Here's the thing.....I have a j o b:duh:

I would like to go so I'll see what I can do, can't promise anything.

what kind of windshield did you get and....do you like it?

Ryde on.

Come on Kev, it's summer vacation. School is out.:clap:
As far as the windshield, It's just like my idol's:bowdown: It's a Madstad. :firstplace:
:roflblack:

8LEGS
06-10-2012, 06:43 PM
See you all Tuesday! I'm officially on Vacation since 3pm today. :yes:

Trickie Dick
06-11-2012, 06:06 AM
Looks like a good chance of storms Tuesday :-( ...... If it's raining, I think we would have a better time doing it another day. Maybe Wednesday? I don't mind riding in the rain, but a sunny day is much more enjoyable.

Weather forecast is for clear weather tomorrow. So I guess we are on. I'll see the northern contingent at my house in the morning. :thumbup:

Kmort44
06-11-2012, 08:11 AM
Weather forecast is for clear weather tomorrow. So I guess we are on. I'll see the northern contingent at my house in the morning. :thumbup:

Sorry guys Im out, Checked the schedule at work and I have a demo from a vendor tomorrow that is too late to reschedule.

Have a good ryde weather looks to be great;)

8LEGS
06-11-2012, 08:28 AM

See you in the morning. I haven't heard from Jim in a while, I'll see if I can get ahold of him today.

retread
06-11-2012, 12:32 PM
So, is it BBQ or burgers? Shall I just head to TD's and see what happens?

john

Trickie Dick
06-11-2012, 06:20 PM
So, is it BBQ or burgers? Shall I just head to TD's and see what happens?

john

Why don't you just come here and we can go from here. We will listen to the will of the people. You know lunch decisions are the biggest decisions of the day:roflblack:

8LEGS
06-11-2012, 08:57 PM
Looking forward to the ride tomorrow. Weather is supposed to be really nice! :yes:

8LEGS
06-12-2012, 04:24 PM
Home! Had a great time today guys. BTW, that orange stalker followed me all the way to US24 lol. :-)

I'll post some pictures tonight when I get on the computer.

I'm still stuffed.

Trickie Dick
06-12-2012, 07:57 PM
It was a good day. It was nice to see everyone. I guess, John had a problem a short distance from home but I'll let him go into that.
I sure hope the orange stalker found his way home. :roflblack:

retread
06-13-2012, 08:53 AM
Great ride, good food, good folks. Then, about 3 blocks from the house, turned the corner, heard a ping/clank and started hearing a squeak every revolution of the wheels. The check engine light came on, with Limp mode. In the driveway, checked the rear wheel, found lots of dust/dirt. when I rinsed it off, the squeak went away, checked for active codes, nothing, went for a short ride, all okay. Evidently, the crud on the rear speed sensors blinded them. I'll take it to Flatout and have them BUDS it just to make sure.

john

8LEGS
06-13-2012, 04:43 PM
Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2