PDA

View Full Version : Fuel door

MidTNDawg
06-05-2012, 01:07 PM
Has anyone modified the stock RT seat for gas filler access with seat down?

Bob Denman
06-05-2012, 01:23 PM
Inspector Gadget has done that and I think that there's a place in Florida where you can also get it done.
Try ass-essories.com (I think!)

DynamoBT
06-05-2012, 01:31 PM
RS or RT? The people at Ultimate Seats use the stock pan for the RS to make their RS Ultimate Seat say that the stock pan is not strong enough to put a fuel door in the seat. I believe all the options that Bob mentioned are for the RT seat.

BLUEKNIGHT911
06-05-2012, 02:03 PM
Funny you ask this question, look at the really ,really, neat idea "granpa spyder " came up with in Spyder RT Touring section.....it is not designed for the G/S,R/S ...But I like it sooooooooooo much I think I came up with a way to shrink it to work with the G/S,AND R/S.....I will let you all know....Mike....There hasn't been anything made that can't be improved upon.......:agree:....:thumbup:

CyncySpyder
06-05-2012, 03:24 PM
Funny you ask this question, look at the really ,really, neat idea "granpa spyder " came up with in Spyder RT Touring section.....it is not designed for the G/S,R/S ...But I like it sooooooooooo much I think I came up with a way to shrink it to work with the G/S,AND R/S.....I will let you all know....Mike....There hasn't been anything made that can't be improved upon.......:agree:....:thumbup:

:dontknow:http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?40209-Grandpa-Spyder-Mods-with-pictures&highlight=grandpa (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?40209-Grandpa-Spyder-Mods-with-pictures&highlight=grandpa):thumbup:
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y145/CW_Tuggle/DSCF0008.jpg

BLUEKNIGHT911
06-05-2012, 06:20 PM
Not exactly dave, I think the one for the Jeep may work better because the outer ring is larger ( door is smaller ) so it can be trimmed more...I plan to relocate all the mounting holes...I have found all different types....chrome, billet ,stainless, black, with and without locks around $50 to $ 65 ...I'll post when I get it worked out......:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:.....Mike

MidTNDawg
06-05-2012, 07:18 PM
Inspector Gadget has done that and I think that there's a place in Florida where you can also get it done.

John said he has done this. I am following up with him.

MidTNDawg
06-06-2012, 08:59 AM

Bob, he has no pics of the mod. I have asked one last question and will soon make a decision. I have been in FL so I am not riding. So many think a custom saddle is needed and perhaps it is. I will know soon. The only MC's I have ridden without needing a custom seat is all the GoldWings I have had.

I went to the Spyder due to age (76 y.o.) and having had triple bypass surgery. I still plan to ride some distances so I need comfort because I am spoiled.

I really appreciate this web site and the helpfulness of the members.

Bob Denman
06-06-2012, 09:05 AM
Here's Gadeget's door...

GloryRyders
06-06-2012, 09:39 AM
Cowtown in Cuba Mo. is now doing this mod. We will probably get it done when we return from Durango.:2thumbs: