PDA

View Full Version : Thunder in the Valley -Johnstown, PA-June 21-24 2012

JaymeG33
06-05-2012, 09:17 AM
Just curious if anyone in Pennsylvania (or the neighboring states) might be travelling to Johnstown, PA for Thunder in the Valley? This event is held every year, Can-Am is one of the vendors. Maybe some of the vendors on here might want to look into setting up also? It is a pretty big 4 day event. My husband and I are planning on going on Saturday June 23rd.

Here's the link if anyone is interested:

http://www.visitjohnstownpa.com/thunder-in-the-valley/general-information/

MSGTDOC
06-05-2012, 10:41 AM
I would like to make it down I have an old friend that lives there. But I will be flying out to the UK that weekend to spend a week with my brother.

Ralph2288
06-05-2012, 03:47 PM
We have discussed it. There is an open house that weekend in Somerset, PA for the Boss Hoss dealer my husband wants to go to. Not sure how far this event is from Somerset, but if possible we will be around.

JaymeG33
06-05-2012, 04:37 PM
We have discussed it. There is an open house that weekend in Somerset, PA for the Boss Hoss dealer my husband wants to go to. Not sure how far this event is from Somerset, but if possible we will be around.

It actually isn't very far, just up Rt 219 North.

FrankPa
06-05-2012, 05:15 PM
just may have to take the scenic route (Rt22 from Harrisburg).

Is there a shortage of hotel due to the event?

JaymeG33
06-05-2012, 06:20 PM
just may have to take the scenic route (Rt22 from Harrisburg).

Is there a shortage of hotel due to the event?

I am not sure about hotels, we will ride there and back in the same day, it is a little over an hour for us. Best to call around. Maybe post your findings so others know too :popcorn:

danlnc
06-06-2012, 01:13 PM
That's my hometown, haven't been back to Jtown in about 3 years. Maybe a posssiblity.

JaymeG33
06-23-2012, 09:19 AM
We are heading up to Johnstown to Thunder in the Valley today! Can't wait to see what Can-Am has on display :yes: Maybe I'll get lucky and see some other Spyder lovers too :D

danlnc
06-23-2012, 10:01 AM
We are heading up to Johnstown to Thunder in the Valley today! Can't wait to see what Can-Am has on display :yes: Maybe I'll get lucky and see some other Spyder lovers too :D

Have a good time. Post some pics when you return.

spydaman60
06-23-2012, 10:31 AM
wished i had seen this earlier. nothing to do this weekend but ride locally. maybe next year! let us know what brp has to show!:ohyea:

JaymeG33
06-23-2012, 08:55 PM
BRP had a pretty nice set up. It appeared that you signed a release, then did an opsitcal course, then got to go on a guided ride. We got there at 1pm and they had a sign that said that their registration was FULL for the day! Definitely alot of interest there for them :D I was there 2 years ago and you didn't see 1 spyder anywhere but only what was on display. Today, I saw probably 20 or more atleast! YAY!