PDA

View Full Version : Need some information on Driver's Test

bruisersbaby
06-02-2012, 04:58 PM
I have got to take my driver's test very soon on the Spyder, since the trike course I was hoping to take still hasn't started. I have read that each county seems to have their own idea of the test. I did call our DMV here (Wayne County) and the woman said there would be no serpentine, but what were you tested on in your particular county? This would give me some idea what to expect. Thanks! :dontknow::dontknow:

SusanOnRed
06-02-2012, 05:21 PM
I am in Iredell County and didn't have to do the serpentine either. They will test to see how well you know your equipment such as turn signals, brights and horn. They will have you go as slow as you can. You will have to go fast and brake quickly. If you check the driver's manual for motorcycles the course for the pauses is laid out. You will do a manual right hand turn signal as part of the course, too. It is really fairly simple and they explain to you what they want you to do one step at a time. Good luck and don't sweat it. If you have to do it again, you will have experience. ;)

bruisersbaby
06-02-2012, 08:27 PM
I am in Iredell County and didn't have to do the serpentine either. They will test to see how well you know your equipment such as turn signals, brights and horn. They will have you go as slow as you can. You will have to go fast and brake quickly. If you check the driver's manual for motorcycles the course for the pauses is laid out. You will do a manual right hand turn signal as part of the course, too. It is really fairly simple and they explain to you what they want you to do one step at a time. Good luck and don't sweat it. If you have to do it again, you will have experience. ;)

Thanks so much for the info. I'll check into the pauses, too. I downloaded the handbook and have been studying that, too. I just want that endorsement on my license!!

spyder3
06-02-2012, 08:43 PM
good luck!:D

bruisersbaby
06-02-2012, 08:49 PM
Thanks, Spyder3. :thumbup:

danlnc
06-03-2012, 06:45 AM
Let us know how it was. If you hear of a training class starting I would be interested as my wife (Faye) needs to take one.

Leslee
06-03-2012, 08:11 AM
When we moved from GA to NC, we already had our motorcycle endorsements but had to take the NC written test for auto and motorcycle. My daughter, my husband, and I thought the motorcycle section was harder than the auto. It's been 9 years so I don't remember specifically why, but I'm sure you'll be fine if you study a bit.

If you are comfortable driving the bike, IMO you'll be fine on the test.

Have fun, hope to meet you on a future NC ride.

bruisersbaby
06-06-2012, 01:39 PM
I took my road test this morning and passed!! :2thumbs: Wasn't hard at all - examiner checked turn signals, brake, horn, then I rode twice around the parking lot and she signalled me to stop. Didn't even have to take the written test again. I didn't tell Bruiser, so when I was done, he was still working local, at a McDonald's, which is about a mile from the DMV. When I got there, I showed him my paper license with the M endorsement (will get permanent one in the mail) and he was happy to see it.

Danlnc - you can go on www.ncmotorcyclesafety.org (http://www.ncmotorcyclesafety.org) for the schedules of the courses.

Thanks again, all, for your support and encouragement!!

Oldmanzues
06-06-2012, 02:16 PM
:thumbup::congrats::congrats:
:thumbup: Enjoy
Oldmanzues

dancogan
06-06-2012, 02:27 PM
That's a great milestone! :congrats:on being a fully licensed legal driver.

d.o.spyder-rts
06-06-2012, 02:31 PM
I took my road test this morning and passed!! :2thumbs: Wasn't hard at all - examiner checked turn signals, brake, horn, then I rode twice around the parking lot and she signalled me to stop. Didn't even have to take the written test again. I didn't tell Bruiser, so when I was done, he was still working local, at a McDonald's, which is about a mile from the DMV. When I got there, I showed him my paper license with the M endorsement (will get permanent one in the mail) and he was happy to see it.

Danlnc - you can go on www.ncmotorcyclesafety.org (http://www.ncmotorcyclesafety.org) for the schedules of the courses.

Thanks again, all, for your support and encouragement!!

:congrats:on passing your road test! Now the real fun begins. Dale

bruiser
06-06-2012, 05:42 PM
Crap! Now I won't be able to keep her off the RT.

bruisersbaby
06-06-2012, 05:45 PM
Crap! Now I won't be able to keep her off the RT.

You're the one who asked if I wanted to learn to drive it!!! :ohyea:

bruiser
06-06-2012, 05:52 PM
You're the one who asked if I wanted to learn to drive it!!! :ohyea:

:opps: :shemademe_smilie:

NancysToy
06-06-2012, 06:22 PM
:clap::clap::clap: