PDA

View Full Version : HMF Exhaust opinion...

Kratos
06-02-2012, 03:53 PM
It sounds GOOOOOOD! It is NOT loud at all. Most of the bikes in my town are waaay louder. I got a TON of compliments. Everybody loves the rumble, low deep grunt, and how she bites when you get on the throttle hard. She just sounds MEAN! But still tame at idle and low throttle position. Doesn't bother my neighbors at all when I crank the bike and go down the street. If you're just cruising, you won't bother anybody with it, and you can still hear yourself talk and can hear your passenger rider as well. I love raring her up when I catch some people staring. It just makes them drool. LOL. Videos on youtube do it no justice.

I HIGHLY recommend the HMF. It is highly UNDER-rated. With the grunt it has, and the volume level, coupled with a super low cost, it's pretty hard to beat!!! I even had 2 people tell me they like it better than Two Brothers. I never expected to hear something like that cause I know Two Brothers dominate the market, but to even be compared to the top selling pipe with only paying 1/3 of the cost really put a smile on my face. :D

Dwanton
06-02-2012, 03:56 PM
Your not going to stop smiling for many many more miles no matter what you do :thumbup:

Kratos
06-02-2012, 04:28 PM
Your not going to stop smiling for many many more miles no matter what you do :thumbup:

I think you're right. I really love the Spyder. My wife drove it today as well, and I was SHOCKED. She would never get on a bike, but 3 wheels + SE5 transmission = wife rides! The stability and ease to use made her comfortable with the idea and now she's in this hobby with me! I guess you can say Can Am is making marriages better. LOL

arntufun
06-02-2012, 04:39 PM
I think you're right. I really love the Spyder. My wife drove it today as well, and I was SHOCKED. She would never get on a bike, but 3 wheels + SE5 transmission = wife rides! The stability and ease to use made her comfortable with the idea and now she's in this hobby with me! I guess you can say Can Am is making marriages better. LOL

Don't forget the mistress, she will like it to !!!! :yikes:

I'm really glad you chose HMF, it's a great pipe. :thumbup: I have been following your posts recently, and it makes me smile because it takes me back to when I first got my Spyder and how excited I was (still am).

Kratos
06-02-2012, 06:11 PM
Don't forget the mistress, she will like it to !!!! :yikes:

I'm really glad you chose HMF, it's a great pipe. :thumbup: I have been following your posts recently, and it makes me smile because it takes me back to when I first got my Spyder and how excited I was (still am).

LOL...I do sound like a kid at Christmas, don't I. :ohyea:

Crisis
06-02-2012, 06:32 PM
Does the HMF exhaust need a juicebox or any other modifications?

arntufun
06-02-2012, 06:37 PM

Common question and the best answer is.......... each Spyder is different. Some need it, some don't. Best bet is to install the pipe and RIDE IT to find out. If it pops on decel, then you will need it since no one makes the 02 mod anymore.
:thumbup:

Kratos
06-02-2012, 07:31 PM

Mine doesn't pop at all. The power feels smooth and the pipe doesn't make any weird sounds. The only reason I thought about a juice box is at first my bike started to have some sluggish take offs sometimes. But it seems to be getting better. I just got off the bike a few minutes ago, and the take off was better than yesterday. Doesn't spin the tires like the youtube videos I watched, but I think it's because I'm 240 pounds, LOL. So I'm thinking I'm just gonna leave it alone. The stock computer might be compensating a little bit as it learns the pipe....(I've read somewhere in the forum that it is has mild capacity to budge a little on the slip-on's).

bone crusher
06-02-2012, 10:21 PM
Firefly is a big fan of the HMF as well...I think he's been using one for a few years now. I got a hindle a few years ago and love it...serves the same function as the HMF.....

As far as the JB goes (and I addressed this on one of your other posts), with a green filter and the HMF, you'll see a pretty considerable change to your performance....

jvicker
06-03-2012, 07:41 AM
Very Happy HMF Exhaust Owner!:yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes:

Can't beat the sound or price.:thumbup:

Questions
06-05-2012, 09:19 AM
Won't the bike run lean causing damage if this pipe is used without a JB? I understand the popping on decel but it still doesn't address the lean issue.

Firefly
06-05-2012, 09:42 AM
Love my HMF......

Would recommend a better air filter and some kind of fuel management. I ran for quite a while (30,000 miles) with regular Juice Box and o2 mod.

Now I have Power Commander V with Autotune... which is THE BOMB. I would save up some $$$ and do the PC V & autotune... can be done for around $500 ... well worth it.