PDA

View Full Version : 197 mph on a motorcycle?

spydaman60
06-02-2012, 08:51 AM
did anyone in the albany ny area hear the report on the radio of statetroopers clocking a motorcycle at 197 mph on the ny state thruway? it was even on the news in nj!!! i didn't hear anything about it being a souped up spyder?:yikes:

Smokinspyder
06-02-2012, 10:45 AM
197 really ? DAMN I was going to ask if it was the TOOL who said he could go faster then 167 when he got nailed a month or so back . but on a SPYDER I want to know what he has done LOL

coz
06-02-2012, 11:08 AM
i heard it was ARNTUFUN.:joke: he's now eating baloney samiches:roflblack:

dannymax
06-02-2012, 11:19 AM
I think it was actually 198 mph.....and, in the rain!

Don't think it was a souped up Spyder tho....I heard it was a Knucklehead.

Well, certainly a knucklehead driving, no doubt about that!

There's a group around here called the '200 club'....your bike has to be capable of 200 mph before you can join. Maybe this guy was trying for his pin or patch, or whatever.....I dunno. :dontknow:

BTW, There's another post about this, somewhere on the forum.

Bob Denman
06-02-2012, 01:39 PM
There's a group around here called the '200 club'....your bike has to be capable of 200 mph before you can join. Maybe this guy was trying for his pin or patch, or whatever.....I dunno. :dontknow:

I think that they're called "Prison Tats..." :roflblack: They also come with a formal portrait of you that has serial numbers on it... :shocked:

Oldmanzues
06-02-2012, 01:52 PM
I did not hear about this one, but a couple years ago two Ohio State troopers were close to that. The main problem was they were on their own bikes, not Cop bikes. I believe they are both ex cops for some reason.
Oldmanzues

Bytemi
06-02-2012, 05:17 PM
Wow, my step father did 146 once on the thru way when I was a passenger and I thought that was too fast!!!!!

tompen
06-04-2012, 01:14 PM
Here you go.
http://now.msn.com/now/0531-ny-biker-speed.aspx?_p=4f7548b4-020f-4bec-956e-9db1e1457ccb

Bob Denman
06-04-2012, 01:38 PM
:shocked: :gaah: That's all they need; an audience! :gaah: Now somebody else who's spent way too much time working on his wrist-strength will try for 200mph... :gaah: :shocked:

ARtraveler
06-04-2012, 03:49 PM
I spoke up on the other thread too. Why would anyone want to go that fast on two wheels in the rain--what if you had to stop quick? :shocked::shocked:

I know there are some who will disagree--but that is your choice if you want to ride that fast.

spydaman60
06-04-2012, 07:16 PM
thanks for the link. i wouldn't believed it if i hadn't seen it in print. first i thought i was hearing things when i heard it on the radio. you gotta be frickin crazy to ride like that any time, let alone in the rain! guess that's what makes the world go round.:banghead:

dannymax
06-04-2012, 07:44 PM
:shocked: :gaah: That's all they need; an audience! :gaah: Now somebody else who's spent way too much time working on his wrist-strength will try for 200mph... :gaah: :shocked:

:agree: You can see it coming like a train wreck!! :yikes:

Somebody else's gonna go for the title now! :popcorn:

bone crusher
06-04-2012, 08:32 PM
I spoke up on the other thread too. Why would anyone want to go that fast on two wheels in the rain--what if you had to stop quick? :shocked::shocked:

I know there are some who will disagree--but that is your choice if you want to ride that fast.

I don't think he was worried about a quick stop as any quick stop at 190 mph is gonna throw him from the bike and kill him anyway...

Bob Denman
06-05-2012, 06:50 AM
:agree: You can see it coming like a train wreck!! :yikes:

Somebody else's gonna go for the title now! :popcorn:

And do you know what that does to the rest of us? Think about what the Press will say... All of us motorcyclists will get painted with the same broad brush due to the activities of one very stupid child... :gaah:

"Those dangerous murdercycles..."
:shocked:

boborgera
06-05-2012, 08:03 AM
And do you know what that does to the rest of us? Think about what the Press will say... All of us motorcyclists will get painted with the same broad brush due to the activities of one very stupid child... :gaah:

:agree: And like i said a few times before; If motorcycles were never invented and someone just invented one today, It would be immediately outlawed!! Never to see the light of day.

Bob Denman
06-05-2012, 08:27 AM
Kind of like Aspirin; which I need after reading an article like that! :gaah:

bone crusher
06-05-2012, 06:58 PM

Nah...sport bikes have their own category...plus, the great thing about bike accidents is that they tend to affect only the rider...phew!