PDA

View Full Version : Need some advise please

Jmonday
06-01-2012, 08:54 PM
I just got me a new 2012 rs and I've got 125 miles on it I ordered a two brothers slip on when I picked it up today I installed it and took it for a test run and it runs but misses on take off. I don't know if it is related to the install but I figured it was because I didn't notice it with the stock pipe. What do I do

mooneych
06-01-2012, 09:00 PM
Your bike is running too lean. You will need an O2 sensor that enriches the fuel mixture. Juice box, or modified O2 sensor will do the trick. I have the modified O2 with dual exhaust and it works fine.

retread
06-01-2012, 09:25 PM
Try disconnecting the battery (negative post preferably) for about 15 minutes, and when you start it, let it idle for 5 or 10 minutes. This helped with the Hindles.

john

Jmonday
06-02-2012, 12:07 PM
Ok I'm going to give it a try I've unhooked the battery for ten then hook back up and let idle for 15 I'll give an update after I get done thanks for the advise

Jmonday
06-02-2012, 09:32 PM
Well I unhooked the battery positive post didn't see that they said negative anyway let it set for 15 mins then let idle for 15 mins it ran a lot better but still is not right it sometimes doesn't take off good and pops out the pipe sometimes and ideas on what to do now

Dwanton
06-02-2012, 09:37 PM
You need one of the fuel controllers that are out there .

Power commander 5 is auto adjusting -- air/fuel -- but you have to install a sensor into the exhaust.

The two brothers juice box ( their are 2 ) regular or pro -- you use their maps to control the air/fuel mixtures or you can take it to a shop the dyno tunes just for your set up .

Jmonday
06-02-2012, 09:41 PM
I'm thinking about putting the stock pipe back on I'm getting to old or the two brothers pipe was a little loud on a lone cruse I like it around town the other thing is I can't really here my wife very good with our new head sets on?

Jmonday
06-03-2012, 08:01 PM
I put the stock pipe back on for now. I think the new pipe opened it up to much and didn't have enough back pressure for the computer to compensate they do make a optional tip that is said to make the pipe quieter so I figured if it was quiter it must have more back pressure after I reset the computer it ran alot better but not perfect so maybe the tip is all it needs